Why Buy Propylene Glycol 99.5% ACS/USP/NF/FCC/Food Grade, Kosher from Lab Alley
- Price. Don’t worry! We do our homework. This product is offered at the industry’s lowest possible price.
- Availability. In-Stock. This product is in stock and ready to ship. Orders are usually shipped in 24-48 hours.
- Deliverability. Fast Shipping! This product is packaged with care from high quality, food grade packaging materials.
- Quality. Our curated products bottled in America match or exceed strict specifications.
About Propylene Glycol 99.5% ACS/USP/NF/FCC/Food Grade, Kosher
Propylene glycol, also known as 1,2-propanediol, is a odorless, tasteless, colorless, viscous liquid at room temperature. ACS grade designation signifies that this reagent meets the purity standards set by the American Chemical Society (at least 95%). USP, FCC, and NF monograms are all regulated under the United States Pharmacopeia. The USP and FCC designations signify that the chemical is suitable for pharmaceuticals and food use, whereas the NF contains monograms for excipients.
Common Uses and Applications
- Polymer production
- Food additive
- Carrier solvent for flavors and pharmaceuticals
- Artificial smoke/fog
|1,2-propanediol, Propane-1,2-diol, 1,2-Propylene glycol, 1,2-dihydroxypropane, 2-Hydroxypropanol, Methylethyl glycol, Methylethylene glycol, Isopropylene glycol, Monopropylene glycol|
|ACS/USP/NF/FCC Grade, Kosher|
Propylene Glycol 99.5% ACS/USP/NF/FCC/Food Grade, Kosher Specifications
|Assay (C3H8O2)||Min. 99.5%|
|Specific Gravity @ 25°C||1.035-1.037|
|Acidity||To Pass Test|
|Residue on Ignition||0.007%|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||5 ppm|
|Organic Volatile Impurities||To Pass Test|
Safety and Shipping Information
Not DOT regulated.
Please contact us to request a Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and Certificate of Analysis (COA) for Propylene Glycol 99.5% ACS/USP/NF/FCC/Food Grade, Kosher.