2022 U.S. Chemical Industry News
2022 U.S. Chemical Industry News, Outlook, Prices, Trends And Business Updates
About Certified Organic Cane Alcohol 190 Proof
Posted On December 8, 2021
The Lab Alley Brand of certified organic cane alcohol 190 proof (95% ethanol) is used extensively as a solvent in the manufacture of perfumes. It is also used in the preparation of essences, flavorings, medicines, drugs, disinfectants and tinctures. Cane alcohol is considered to be more environmentally friendly than corn-based ethyl alcohol. Organic cane alcohol is commonly purchased online at Lab Alley in 5 gallon sizes.
There are many health benefits to using safe and pure 190 Proof Certified Natural Organic Cane Alcohol for tinctures, botanical extraction, perfume, skincare products and cleaning.
This food grade (FCC) solvent, sold in 1 gallon bottles, is an excellent non-GMO alcohol extractor of herbal properties and is commonly used to make herbal tinctures.
The health benefits of organic sugarcane alcohol and organic corn alcohol sold by Lab Alley include fewer pesticides and heavy metals. Organic Cane Alcohol is made from certified organic sugarcane juice. Customers buy organic cane alcohol from Lab Alley in 5 gallon sizes to use in tinctures, alcoholic beverages and perfume.
Certified organic cane alcohol herbal tinctures are typically botanical extracts of medicinal plants or dried herbs that are dissolved in a pure solvent such as 190 proof organic sugarcane alcohol.
The non-denatured Lab Alley Brand of Certified Organic Corn Alcohol 190 Proof is used for distillation, in laboratories for research, is safe for baking and is used in commercial manufacturing facilities. Lab Alley's 190 proof ethyl alcohol (FCC/Food Grade) made from non-GMO organic corn is an excellent excipient and process solvent for pharmaceutical purposes.
Large tincture manufacturers, botanical and herbal extract makers, and skincare companies order bulk ethanol, pure certified organic food grade ethanol, extraction grade ethanol in bulk.
Organic cane alcohol is sold by Lab Alley in 55 gallon drums, 270 gallon totes, and pallet loads.
Video Testimonial From A Customer That Ordered Organic Sugarcane Alcohol From Lab Alley
YouTube Video Testimonial Titled "Reasons Lab Alley Is The Perfect Choice"
Uploaded By Lab Alley On December 7, 2021
When Shawn Dunn from shroomworks needed high-quality organic cane alcohol quickly, he ordered safe and pure organic food grade alcohol online at Lab Alley.
Lab Alley delivered on time and also provided excellent customer service. Shawn ordered the Lab Alley Brand of Ethanol 190 Proof (95%) Certified Organic Sugarcane Alcohol (Food Grade) online, here.
Shawn Dunn, and his brother Justin, founded the company called shroomworks in Los Angeles, California in 2018. Their small business makes mushroom wellness supplements, functional mushroom extracts and tinctures using Lab Alley Brand organic ethanol.
Their mission is to spread the amazing health benefits of functional mushrooms by crafting products that are effective, approachable, and easy to use. Functional mushrooms have a health benefit beyond providing nutrition.
Tincture makers, like Shawn Dunn, order food grade alcohol from Lab Alley to use as an effective solvent for plant extraction, because it is safe.
Certified organic food grade ethanol is sold in 1 gallon bottles at Lab Alley.
Pure 200 Proof Non-Denatured Food Grade Ethanol is acknowledged as a food safe ingredient because it has no additives. This is the highest proof ethyl alcohol sold to tincture and extract makers by Lab Alley. Lab Alley's loyal customers order food grade ethanol to use as an effective solvent for plant extraction, because it is safe.
Everything ingredient in their products is 100% organic and the tinctures that shroomworks produces contain no chemical or artificial ingredients. The Dunn brothers believe that real healing products need to be made from real ingredients that can be found in nature. These ambitious men bring mushrooms to the world in the most fun, delicious, and impactful way.
Organic Ethanol (ethyl alcohol) sold by Lab Alley is regulated by the FDA as a food ingredient. The Lab Alley Brands of Organic Alcohol, included Certified Organic Cane Alcohol (190 Proof), are simple alcohols with the chemical formula C₂H₆O.
Mushroom tincture makers use high-proof (190 proof) organic alcohols, made from corn and sugarcane, that are commercially available at Lab Alley, because they are very safe for consumption in tiny amounts. Tincture makers usually use at least 25% organic ethanol sourced from Lab Alley in their extracts.
BluePallet, the Chemical E-commerce Platform Adds Industry Veterans to Their Board
AUSTIN, Texas | BUSINESS WIRE | November 22, 2021
BluePallet, the industrial commerce platform intent on modernizing trade and transactions between manufacturers and the chemical industry, today announced that industry veterans, Vijay Sarathy and Adeline Honnas have joined their advisory board. Read more here.
Ethanol For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
Posted On November 22, 2021
- Organic/Kosher | Buy 100%, 95% & 70% Ethanol | Food Grade Ethanol For Sale
- Grades Of Ethanol For Sale In The U.S. | Review Information On Ethanol Chemical Properties And Ethanol Extraction Uses
- Lab Grade Ethanol | Buy Ethanol (C2H5OH) Online Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
- Food Grade Ethanol | Buy Safe Food Grade Alcohol (Ethanol) | 200, 190 & 140 Proof
- Non-Denatured Pure Ethanol | Buy Pure Ethanol | 100% Alcohol | 100% Food Grade | 200 Proof
- Denatured Alcohol | Buy 100%, 95% & 70% Denatured Ethanol For Sale
Watch This Video To Learn More About Lab Alley
YouTube Video Titled "LabAlley.com | Buy Chemicals & Science Lab Supplies Online"
Uploaded To YouTube On February 25, 2020 By Lab Alley
LabAlley.com is the online chemical shop for Lab Alley, which is a chemical supplier headquartered in Austin, Texas. Buy safe lab supplies, science equipment and research chemicals at LabAlley.com. Lab Alley LLC is a woman-owned business and specialty chemical distributor located in Austin, Texas that was founded in 2013.
Lab Alley is a chemical supplier that sells to individual buyers in the United States. Lab Alley is a specialty chemical distributor, retailer and wholesaler of raw materials and chemical ingredients for schools, individuals, researchers and industries.
Get information on Lab Alley shipping here. The Lab Alley address is 22111 State Hwy 71 #601, Spicewood, TX 78669.
Where You Buy High Purity Lab Chemicals And High Quality Lab Supplies Online In The United States
Posted On November 22, 2021
- The virus pandemic of 2020 prompted healthcare firms to buy 1 gallon bottles, 5 gallon pails and 55 gallon drums of 70%, 91% and 99% isopropyl alcohol solutions at LabAlley.com.
- Lab Alley helped healthcare firms as they faced historic challenges during the pandemic by shipping isopropyl alcohol (IPA) to their facilities.
- Sales of hand sanitizers in the US were way up in 2020. Amid the virus pandemic, U.S. distilleries and Canadian distilleries were cutting back on their spirit-making operations.
- Distillation operations were buying antiviral ingredients and antiviral chemical compounds such as ethanol, glycerin and hydrogen peroxide in bulk at LabAlley.com at wholesale prices to make hand sanitizers and handrub formulations.
- Distilleries were using recipes for handrub formulations from the World Health Organization. Healthcare facilities in the United States ordered hospital grade disinfectants here. They bought antiviral raw materials and antiviral chemical ingredients to make virus disinfection products here.
- Americans purchased purified chemical substances, laboratory chemicals, research chemicals, industrial chemicals for production, inorganic compounds, ultrapure water and household chemicals for personal and everyday use in the United States.
- Consumers in the US purchase small or bulk quantities of high purity and high concentration solvents, acids, bases, aqueous chemical solutions, analytical reagents, buffers and alcohols for chemistry applications.
- People shop for common science chemicals and household cleaning chemicals online at LabAlley.com or call customer service at 512-668-9918 to place an order over the phone.
- LabAlley.com is the online chemical shop for Lab Alley, which is a chemical supplier headquartered in Austin, Texas.
Canada's Interim Guide On The Production Of Ethanol For Use In Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers
May 8, 2020
- Acceptable Quality Grades
- Recommended Formulation
- Non-Medicinal Ingredients (NMIs)
- Formula Substitutions
- Use Of Non-USP Grade Alcohol
- Excise Tax Implications
- Obtaining A Licence, Registration And/Or Approved Formulation Under The Excise Act, 2001
- End Of Interim Approach
- Contact Health Canada
To help reduce the risk of infection or spreading infection to others, Health Canada recommends that individuals wash their hands often with soap and water, or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available. Similarly, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that individuals regularly and thoroughly clean their hands with soap and water, or an alcohol-based hand rub, as part of proper hand hygiene.
On March 27, 2020, Health Canada released the Guide on Health Canada's Interim Expedited Licensing Approach for the Production and Distribution of Alcohol-Based Hand Sanitizers. The purpose of that Guide is to support companies that intend to manufacture, package, label and/or distribute alcohol-based hand sanitizers in response to the current shortage by providing a simplified and expedited pathway to obtaining the required authorizations.
This document provides further guidance on the quality requirements for ethanol to be used in the production of hand sanitizers. It also highlights key formulation aspects and points to additional flexibilities that can be leveraged during this emergency situation.
This interim approach takes into account the current policies and best practices of foreign regulatory partners, including the United States (US) Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as well as the recommendations of the WHO and the US Pharmacopeia (USP).
Ethanol used for the production of hand sanitizers should conform to one of the identity and purity criteria published in any of the following quality standards, with any noted deviations provided in this interim guidance. For details on these quality standards, please refer to the weblinks provided below. Please note that some of these references may be accessed for free, while others require payment for full access:
- USP Monograph
- European Pharmacopeia (Ph. Eur.)
- Food Chemical Codex (FCC)
- British Pharmacopoeia (BP)
- Pharmacopée française (Ph.f.) (refer to monographs in subfolder “13-Formulaire national”)
- Pharmacopoeia Internationalis (Ph.I.)
- Japanese Pharmacopoeia (JP) (refer to page 896)
- National Formulary (NF)
The USP monograph specifies that ethanol must be 94.9% to 96.0% pure by volume, and provides the following concentration limits for impurities commonly found in ethanol:
- Methanol: No more than 200 µL/L
- Acetaldehyde and acetal: No more than 10 µL/L, expressed as acetaldehyde
- Benzene: No more than 2 µL/L
- Sum of all other impurities: No more than 300 µL/L
All formulations must meet the safety and efficacy requirements established in Health Canada’s Antiseptic Skin Cleansers (Personal Domestic Use) monograph.
Health Canada recommends the manufacturing of ethanol‑based hand sanitizer as per the WHO formulation. Specifically, the WHO-recommended handrub formulations (2010) provides a recipe for the preparation of a hand sanitizer with a final concentration of 80% v/v ethanol. While Health Canada’s monograph stipulates a range of 60%-80 v/v ethanol, an 80% v/v concentration is recommended for increased efficacy.
Formulation For A 10-Litre Preparation
- Ethanol 96%: 8,333 ml
- Hydrogen peroxide 3%: 417 ml
- Glycerol 98%: 145 ml
Other Acceptable Formulations Include:
Records must be maintained on how the hand sanitizer is prepared, including details on how the final ethanol dilution in the finished product was derived. The amount of ethanol needed in the formulation should be calculated using the following equation (as set out in the USP guidance):
Non-Medicinal Ingredients (NMIs)
All NMIs added to a hand sanitizer product must be listed in Health Canada’s Natural Health Products Ingredient Database (NHPID), indicated with an acceptable purpose and comply with all listed restrictions (as per the NHPID). Additional information is outlined below on quality requirements for specific NMIs used in ethanol-based hand sanitizers, based on the WHO guidance:
|Hydrogen Peroxide||The low concentration of Hydrogen peroxide in the finished product (0.125%) is intended to help eliminate contaminating spores in the bulk solutions and recipients and is not an active substance for hand antisepsis.|
|Glycerol and other humectants or emollients||
Glycerol (also known as glycerine or 1,2,3-Propanetriol) is added as a humectant at a final concentration of 1.45%, to increase the acceptability of the product and not to enhance viscosity.
Other humectants or emollients at a similar concentration may be used for skin care, provided that they are affordable, available locally, miscible (mixable) in water and alcohol, non-toxic, and not likely to cause an allergic reaction. Glycerol has been chosen because it is safe and relatively inexpensive. Lowering the percentage of glycerol may be considered to further reduce the stickiness of the handrub.
|Use of proper
|While sterile distilled water is preferred, boiled and cooled tap water may also be used as long as it is free of visible particles.|
|Addition of other additives||It is strongly recommended that no ingredients other than those specified in this document be added to the formulations. All NMIs (including denaturants) must be listed in the Product Licence application. If additions or substitutions of an NMI are made after the product licence is issued, documentation must be maintained on the safety of the additive and its compatibility with the other ingredients. These documents must be available upon request by Health Canada. Any substitutions should come from approved ingredients in the NHPID. If the NMI that you intend to use is not found in NHPID, you can complete a Natural Health Products Ingredients Database Issue Form and submit to this email to add the ingredient. The full list of ingredients must be provided on the product label.|
|Denaturants||The use of denaturants is recommended to avoid the unintentional ingestion of hand sanitizers (particularly by children), but is not required under this interim approach. The NHPID includes a listing of acceptable denaturants that should be used if applicable in your formulation. Once this interim approach ceases to be in effect, to continue with the manufacture of hand sanitizer products, companies will be required to confirm with Health Canada that denaturants will be used from that point on.|
|Gelling agents||No data are available to assess the suitability of adding gelling agents to WHO-recommended liquid formulations; any additives selected for this purpose must be listed in Health Canada’s NHPID and comply with listed restrictions. The addition of a gelling agent must be included in the list of ingredients on the product label.|
|Fragrances||Adding fragrances, while not prohibited, is not recommended because of the risk of potential allergic reactions. As with other ingredients, a fragrance would be considered an NMI and must be included in the Product Licence application and be listed on the product label.|
Ingredients adhering to USP (or other acceptable standards, as listed above) should be used as the source of ingredients. However, given that there may currently be shortages of ingredients used to manufacture formulations of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, the following substitutions are acceptable:
- When components meeting compendial quality standards are not obtainable, components of similar quality – such as those that are chemically pure, analytical reagent grade, or American Chemical Society-certified – may be used.
- No ingredients should be added to enhance viscosity as they may decrease the effectiveness of the final preparation.
Disinfectant product ingredients, whether registered with the US Environmental Protection Agency or Health Canada, are not suitable as components for manufacturing hand sanitizers as they may not be safe for use on skin (i.e., may cause burns).
As per the Natural Health Products Regulations (NHPR), a Product Licence will not be issued if a product is likely to result in injury to the health of the consumer. Non-USP grade ethanol should be of a level of quality that is fit for human use in the finished hand sanitizer formulation.
For any products containing ethanol with specifications that deviate from the recommended standards, such as higher than permitted level of impurities in the above referenced standards, a risk assessment must be conducted and submitted to Health Canada for review. Each risk assessment will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis to determine if the ethanol is safe for use in hand sanitizer production. In the risk assessment, particular attention should be given to identify and quantify impurities, which are expected to be present (or likely to be present) as a result of manufacturing processes, starting materials, etc. An example of some impurities that would be expected in a non-USP or food grade ethanol product include acetaldehyde, benzene and methanol, though there may be others as well. Documentation including certificates of analysis (CoA) must be kept on record and made available at the request of Health Canada.
The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) administers the Excise Act, 2001 which governs the federal taxation of several commodities, including spirits, and regulates activities involving the manufacture, possession and distribution of these products. For example, persons who produce and package spirits, persons who use non-duty-paid spirits in the manufacture of non-beverage spirit-based products such as cosmetics or hand sanitizers, and persons who operate warehouses to store non-duty-paid alcohol must possess an excise duty licence issued under the Excise Act, 2001.
Depending on the circumstances, a person may require a spirits licence, a user’s licence and/or a specially denatured alcohol registration in order to legally produce hand sanitizer using non-duty-paid alcohol in Canada. There are a number of ways hand sanitizer can be produced by licensees or registrants without incurring an excise duty liability, for example:
- A user licensee can produce hand sanitizer in accordance with an approved formulation without the payment of excise duty on the final product.
- There are also provisions that would allow a specially denatured alcohol registrant to possess and use certain grades of specially denatured alcohol to produce hand sanitizer without the payment of duty.
- A spirits licensee is authorized under the Excise Act, 2001 to denature spirits according to specified criteria, which are not subject to excise duty.
- Although it could be cost prohibitive, there is also the option to use duty-paid alcohol to produce hand sanitizer.
The requirements under the Act will vary depending on the circumstances of each case and the proposed activities to be undertaken.
This interim approach is in effect immediately, and will be in effect until March 31, 2021 or until a notice is issued by Health Canada to licence holders (whichever is earliest). When the approach expires, production must cease, although existing product stock can be exhausted.
If you have questions in relation to this Guide or the licensing of alcohol-based hand sanitizers, please contact Health Canada's Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorate at email@example.com.
Information On Hand Sanitizer Ingredients From Wikipedia
Hand sanitizer is a liquid, gel, or foam generally used to decrease infectious agents on the hands. In most settings, hand washing with soap and water is generally preferred. Hand sanitizer is less effective at killing certain kinds of germs, such as norovirus and Clostridium difficile and unlike soap and water, it cannot remove harmful chemicals. People may incorrectly wiped off hand sanitizer before it has dried, and some are less effective because their alcohol concentrations are too low.
In most healthcare settings alcohol-based hand sanitizers are preferable to hand washing with soap and water. Reasons include it being better tolerated and more effective. Hand washing with soap and water; however, should be carried out if contamination can be seen, or following the use of the toilet. The general use of non-alcohol-based hand sanitizers has no recommendations.
Alcohol-based versions typically contain some combination of isopropyl alcohol, ethanol (ethyl alcohol), or n-propanol, with versions containing 60% to 95% alcohol the most effective. Care should be taken as they are flammable. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer works against a wide variety of microorganisms but not spores. Compounds such as glycerol may be added to prevent drying of the skin. Some versions contain fragrances; however, these are discouraged due to the risk of allergic reactions. Non-alcohol based versions typically contain benzalkonium chloride or triclosan; but are less effective than alcohol-based ones.
Alcohol has been used as an antiseptic at least as early as 1363 with evidence to support its use becoming available in the late 1800s. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer has been commonly used in Europe since at least the 1980s. The alcohol-based version is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system. The wholesale cost in the developing world is about US$1.40–3.70 per liter bottle.
The Clean Hands campaign by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) instructs the public in hand washing. Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is recommended only if soap and water are not available.
When using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer:
- Apply product to the palm of one hand.
- Rub hands together.
- Rub the product over all surfaces of hands and fingers until hands are dry.
- Do not go near flame or gas burner or any burning object during applying hand sanitizer.
- The current evidence for the effectiveness of school hand hygiene interventions is of poor quality.
Alcohol-based hand sanitizers may not be effective if the hands are greasy or visibly soiled. In hospitals, the hands of healthcare workers are often contaminated with pathogens, but rarely soiled or greasy. In community settings, on the other hand, grease and soiling is common from activities such as handling food, playing sports, gardening, and being active outdoors. Similarly, contaminants like heavy metals and pesticides (generally found outdoors) cannot be removed by hand sanitizers. Hand sanitizers may also be swallowed by children, especially if brightly-coloured.
Some commercially-available hand sanitizers (and online recipes for homemade rubs) have alcohol concentrations that are too low. This makes them less effective at killing germs. Poorer people in developed countries and people in developing countries may find it harder to get a hand sanitizer with an effective alcohol concentration. Fraudulent labelling of alcohol concentrations has been a problem in Guyana.
Hand sanitizers were first introduced in 1966 in medical settings such as hospitals and healthcare facilities. The product was popularized in the early 1990s.
Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is more convenient compared to hand washing with soap and water in most situations in the healthcare setting. Among healthcare workers, it is generally more effective for hand antisepsis, and better tolerated than soap and water. Hand washing should still be carried out if contamination can be seen or following the use of the toilet.
Hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol or contains a "persistent antiseptic" should be used. Alcohol rubs kill many different kinds of bacteria, including antibiotic resistant bacteria and TB bacteria. They also kill many kinds of viruses, including the flu virus, the common cold virus, and HIV.
90% alcohol rubs are more effective against viruses than most other forms of hand washing. Isopropyl alcohol will kill 99.99 % or more of all non-spore forming bacteria in less than 30 seconds, both in the laboratory and on human skin.
The alcohol in hand sanitizers may not have the 10–15 seconds exposure time required to denature proteins and lyse cells in too low quantities (0.3 ml) or concentrations (below 60%). In environments with high lipids or protein waste (such as food processing), the use of alcohol hand rubs alone may not be sufficient to ensure proper hand hygiene.
For health care settings like hospitals and clinics, optimum alcohol concentration to kill bacteria is 70% to 95%. Products with alcohol concentrations as low as 40% are available in American stores, according to researchers at East Tennessee State University.
Alcohol rub sanitizers kill most bacteria, and fungi, and stop some viruses. Alcohol rub sanitizers containing at least 70% alcohol (mainly ethyl alcohol) kill 99.9% of the bacteria on hands 30 seconds after application and 99.99% to 99.999% in one minute.
For health care, optimal disinfection requires attention to all exposed surfaces such as around the fingernails, between the fingers, on the back of the thumb, and around the wrist. Hand alcohol should be thoroughly rubbed into the hands and on the lower forearm for a duration of at least 30 seconds and then allowed to air dry.
Use of alcohol-based hand gels dries skin less, leaving more moisture in the epidermis, than hand washing with antiseptic/antimicrobial soap and water.
There are certain situations during which hand washing with soap and water are preferred over hand sanitizer, these include: eliminating bacterial spores of Clostridioides difficile, parasites such as Cryptosporidium, and certain viruses like norovirus depending on the concentration of alcohol in the sanitizer (95% alcohol was seen to be most effective in eliminating most viruses). In addition, if hands are contaminated with fluids or other visible contaminates, hand washing is preferred as well as after using the toilet and if discomfort develops from the residue of alcohol sanitizer use. Furthermore, CDC states hand sanitizers are not effective in removing chemicals such as pesticides.
Alcohol gel can catch fire, producing a translucent blue flame. This is due to the flammable alcohol in the gel. Some hand sanitizer gels may not produce this effect due to a high concentration of water or moisturizing agents. There have been some rare instances where alcohol has been implicated in starting fires in the operating room, including a case where alcohol used as an antiseptic pooled under the surgical drapes in an operating room and caused a fire when a cautery instrument was used. Alcohol gel was not implicated.
To minimize the risk of fire, alcohol rub users are instructed to rub their hands until dry, which indicates that the flammable alcohol has evaporated. Igniting alcohol hand rub while using it is rare, but the need for this is underlined by one case of a health care worker using hand rub, removing a polyester isolation gown, and then touching a metal door while her hands were still wet; static electricity produced an audible spark and ignited the hand gel. Fire departments suggest refills for the alcohol-based hand sanitizers can be stored with cleaning supplies away from heat sources or open flames.
Research shows that alcohol hand sanitizers do not pose any risk by eliminating beneficial microorganisms that are naturally present on the skin. The body quickly replenishes the beneficial microbes on the hands, often moving them in from just up the arms where there are fewer harmful microorganisms.
However, alcohol may strip the skin of the outer layer of oil, which may have negative effects on barrier function of the skin. A study also shows that disinfecting hands with an antimicrobial detergent results in a greater barrier disruption of skin compared to alcohol solutions, suggesting an increased loss of skin lipids.
In the United States, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) controls antimicrobial handsoaps and sanitizers as over-the-counter drugs (OTC) because they are intended for topical anti-microbial use to prevent disease in humans.
The FDA requires strict labeling which informs consumers on proper use of this OTC drug and dangers to avoid, including warning adults not to ingest, not to use in the eyes, to keep out of the reach of children, and to allow use by children only under adult supervision. According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers, there were nearly 12,000 cases of hand sanitizer ingestion in 2006. If ingested, alcohol-based hand sanitizers can cause alcohol poisoning in small children. However, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control recommends using hand sanitizer with children to promote good hygiene, under supervision, and furthermore recommends parents pack hand sanitizer for their children when traveling, to avoid their contracting disease from dirty hands.
There have been reported incidents of people drinking the gel in prisons and hospitals, where alcohol consumption is not allowed, to become intoxicated leading to its withdrawal from some establishments.
On April 30, 2015, the FDA announced that they were requesting more scientific data based on the safety of hand sanitizer. Emerging science suggests that for at least some health care antiseptic active ingredients, systemic exposure (full body exposure as shown by detection of antiseptic ingredients in the blood or urine) is higher than previously thought, and existing data raise potential concerns about the effects of repeated daily human exposure to some antiseptic active ingredients. This would include hand antiseptic products containing alcohol and triclosan.
Hands must be disinfected before any surgical procedure by hand washing with mild soap and then hand-rubbing with a sanitizer. Surgical disinfection requires a larger dose of the hand-rub and a longer rubbing time than is ordinarily used. It is usually done in two applications according to specific hand-rubbing techniques, EN1499 (hygienic handwash), and EN 1500 (hygienic hand disinfection) to ensure that antiseptic is applied everywhere on the surface of the hand.
Some hand sanitizer products use agents other than alcohol to kill microorganisms, such as povidone-iodine, benzalkonium chloride or triclosan. The World Health Organization (WHO) and the CDC recommends "persistent" antiseptics for hand sanitizers. Persistent activity is defined as the prolonged or extended antimicrobial activity that prevents or inhibits the proliferation or survival of microorganisms after application of the product. This activity may be demonstrated by sampling a site several minutes or hours after application and demonstrating bacterial antimicrobial effectiveness when compared with a baseline level. This property also has been referred to as "residual activity." Both substantive and nonsubstantive active ingredients can show a persistent effect if they substantially lower the number of bacteria during the wash period.
Laboratory studies have shown lingering benzalkonium chloride may be associated with antibiotic resistance in MRSA. Tolerance to alcohol sanitizers may develop in fecal bacteria. Where alcohol sanitizers utilize 62%, or higher, alcohol by weight, only 0.1 to 0.13% of benzalkonium chloride by weight provides equivalent antimicrobial effectiveness.
Triclosan has been shown to accumulate in biosolids in the environment, one of the top seven organic contaminants in waste water according to the National Toxicology Program Triclosan leads to various problems with natural biological systems, and triclosan, when combined with chlorine e.g. from tap water, produces dioxins, a probable carcinogen in humans. However, 90–98% of triclosan in waste water biodegrades by both photolytic or natural biological processes or is removed due to sorption in waste water treatment plants. Numerous studies show that only very small traces are detectable in the effluent water that reaches rivers.
A series of studies show that photodegradation of triclosan produced 2,4-dichlorophenol and 2,8-dichlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (2,8-DCDD). The 2,4-dichlorophenol itself is known to be biodegradable as well as photodegradable. For DCDD, one of the non-toxic compounds of the dioxin family, a conversion rate of 1% has been reported and estimated half-lives suggest that it is photolabile as well. The formation-decay kinetics of DCDD are also reported by Sanchez-Prado et al. (2006) who claim "transformation of triclosan to toxic dioxins has never been shown and is highly unlikely."
Alcohol-free hand sanitizers may be effective immediately while on the skin, but the solutions themselves can become contaminated because alcohol is an in-solution preservative and without it, the alcohol-free solution itself is susceptible to contamination. However, even alcohol-containing hand sanitizers can become contaminated if the alcohol content is not properly controlled or the sanitizer is grossly contaminated with microorganisms during manufacture. In June 2009, alcohol-free Clarcon Antimicrobial Hand Sanitizer was pulled from the US market by the FDA, which found the product contained gross contamination of extremely high levels of various bacteria, including those which can "cause opportunistic infections of the skin and underlying tissues and could result in medical or surgical attention as well as permanent damage". Gross contamination of any hand sanitizer by bacteria during manufacture will result in the failure of the effectiveness of that sanitizer and possible infection of the treatment site with the contaminating organisms.
Alcohol-based hand rubs are extensively used in the hospital environment as an alternative to antiseptic soaps. Hand-rubs in the hospital environment have two applications: hygienic hand rubbing and surgical hand disinfection. Alcohol based hand rubs provide a better skin tolerance as compared to antiseptic soap. Hand rubs also prove to have more effective microbiological properties as compared to antiseptic soaps.
The same ingredients used in over-the-counter hand-rubs are also used in hospital hand-rubs: alcohols such ethanol and isopropanol, sometimes combined with quaternary ammonium cations (quats) such as benzalkonium chloride. Quats are added at levels up to 200 parts per million to increase antimicrobial effectiveness. Although allergy to alcohol-only rubs is rare, fragrances, preservatives and quats can cause contact allergies. These other ingredients do not evaporate like alcohol and accumulate leaving a "sticky" residue until they are removed with soap and water.
The most common brands of alcohol hand rubs include Aniosgel, Avant, Sterillium, Desderman and Allsept S. All hospital hand rubs must conform to certain regulations like EN 12054 for hygienic treatment and surgical disinfection by hand-rubbing. Products with a claim of "99.99% reduction" or 4-log reduction are ineffective in hospital environment, since the reduction must be more than "99.99%".
The hand sanitizer dosing systems for hospitals are designed to deliver a measured amount of the product for staff. They are dosing pumps screwed onto a bottle or are specially designed dispensers with refill bottles. Dispensers for surgical hand disinfection are usually equipped with elbow controlled mechanism or infrared sensors to avoid any contact with the pump.
There are cautions against making your own hand sanitizer. Some widely-circulated home recipes are ineffective or even poisonous.
World Health OrganizationThe has published a guide to producing large quantities of hand sanitizer from chemicals available in developing countries, where commercial hand sanitizer may not be available:
|FORMULATION 1||10-L prep.||Active ingredient (v/v)||FORMULATION 2||10-L prep.||Active ingredient (v/v)|
|Distilled water||added to 10000 mL||18.425%||Distilled water||added to 10000 mL||23.425%|
|Ethanol 96%||8333 mL||80%||Isopropyl alcohol 99.8%||7515 mL||75%|
|Glycerol 98%||145 mL||1.45%||Glycerol 98%||145 mL||1.45%|
|Hydrogen peroxide 3%||417 mL||0.125%||Hydrogen peroxide 3%||417 mL||0.125%|
The WHO formulation are less viscous than commercial sanitizer gel, so like alcohol, they are a greater fire hazard.
Consumer alcohol-based hand sanitizers, and health care "hand alcohol" or "alcohol hand antiseptic agents" exist in liquid, foam, and easy-flowing gel formulations. Products with 60% to 95% alcohol by volume are effective antiseptics. Lower or higher concentrations are less effective; most products contain between 60% and 80% alcohol.
In addition to alcohol (ethanol, isopropanol or n-Propanol), hand sanitizers also contain the following:
- additional antiseptics such as chlorhexidine and quaternary ammonium derivatives,
- sporicides such as hydrogen peroxides that eliminate bacterial spores that may be present in ingredients,
- emollients and gelling agents to reduce skin dryness and irritation,
- a small amount of sterile or distilled water,
- sometimes foaming agents, colorants or fragrances.
Hydrogen peroxide may be added to inactivate spores within bottle of hand sanitizer but does not play a role when the hand sanitizer is used.
Antimicrobial Products That Are Effective Against Norovirus (Norwalk-Like Virus)
April 8, 2020
For pesticide registration information, review this list from the EPA, "List G: EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products Effective Against Norovirus (Norwalk-Like Virus)".
Notes About This List
- All EPA-registered pesticides must have an EPA registration number, which consists of a company number and a product number (e.g., 123-45). Alternative brand names have the same EPA registration number as the primary product.
- When purchasing a product for use against a specific pathogen, check the EPA Reg. No. versus the products included on this list.
- In addition to primary products, distributors may also sell products with formulations and efficacy identical to the primary products. Distributor products frequently use different brand names, but you can identify them by their three-part EPA registration number (e.g., 123-45-678, which represents a distributor product identical to the product example listed above, EPA Reg. No. 123-45).
- If you would like to review the product label information for any of these products, please visit the EPA product label system.
- Information about listed products is current as of the date on this list.
- Inclusion on this list does not constitute an endorsement by EPA.
View more information about EPA lists of registered antimicrobial products here. You may need a PDF reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA’s About PDF page to learn more.
- Download List G: EPA’s Registered Antimicrobial Products Effective Against Norovirus (PDF)(6 pp, 130 K, March 4, 2020)
- Contact the EPA about pesticide labels, to ask a question, provide feedback, or report a problem.
About The EPA Pesticide Product and Label System
The Pesticide Product and Label System (PPLS) provides a collection of pesticide product labels (Adobe PDF format) that have been accepted by EPA under Section 3 of the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA). New labels were added to PPLS on April 08, 2020.
- Search EPA Registration, Distributor Product, or Special Local Need Number Here
- The EPA Registration Number (EPA Reg. No.) appears on all registered pesticides sold in the United States. It is usually found on the back panel of the label along with the detailed instructions for use.
- Enter the company number (the first set of digits before the dash) to see all products marketed by that company or the entire number (including the dash) to view the label for a particular product.
- To search by Special Local Need Number, please enter two-letter state abbreviations with or without 6 digit number (i.e. OH123456).
- Search Buy Product or Alternative Brand Name: Enter the name of the product. As you type, options will be presented to you. Keep in mind that product names may vary, so if you don’t find the product you are looking for, try the EPA Registration Number Search.
- Search By Company Name: Enter the name of the company. Some companies may have several divisions that manufacture and market pesticides products. You can select among these divisions using the drop-down list or choose the root of the company name (e.g., "Bayer" or "3M") to see products associated with all of the divisions.
- Search By Company Number: Enter the company number. Please use digit without dash.
- Search By Chemical Name (Active Ingredient): Enter the name of the chemical (Active Ingredients only) you are interested in. Because there are many naming conventions for chemicals, you can enter the common chemical name of the chemical or other variants, including scientific names or partial names. This search function will help guide you to products that contain that active ingredient.
- Search By CAS Number Or PC Code: Enter the CAS Number or PC Code you are interested in. You may use the % wild card before and/or after your entry to enter a partial value.
Regulation Of Pesticide Labels
- Web-Distributed Labels
- Label Review Manual
- Label Review Training
- Pesticide Registration Notices About Labels
- Label Guidance For Specific Types Of Pesticides
- SmartLabel Pilot
Information On Pesticide Product Label Topics
- Logos And Graphics On Pesticide Labels
- International Pesticide Label Issues
- Endangered Species Bulletins
- Adding Statements On Labels About Consumer And Environmental Protection
- Spanish Translation Guide For Pesticide Labeling
Get Help With Pesticide Label Issues
What Inhibits And Inactivates Viruses?
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- Alcohol (Ethanol)
- Herbal Medicine
- Antiviral Drugs
- Cleaning Products
- Common Detergents And Chemicals
- Chlorine and Chlorine Compounds
- Virus-Killing Proteins
- Essential Oils
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- RNA Interference
- Benzalkonium Chloride
- Propylene Glycol
- Glycerol (Glycerin)
- Antiviral Hand Sanitizers
- Antiviral Chemicals And Antiviral Agents
- Hospital Grade Disinfectants, Cleaners, Wipes And Sterilization Sprays
- Phenolic Compounds
- Quaternary Ammonium Compounds
- Acidic pH (Low pH)
- Interferons: Cytokines With Antiviral Activity
- Broad-Spectrum Germicidal UV (Ultraviolet) Light
- WHO Guidelines On Viral Inactivation And Removal Procedures
- Virucidal Agents
- Iodophors And Iodine Solutions
- Cupric And Ferric Ions
- Per-Acid Based Disinfectants
- Powerful Virucides
- Genetically Modified Mosquitoes
- EP 0978289 A1 with iodine
- Virkon disinfectant-cleaner P.W.S. virucide (for veterinary use)
- V-Bind Viricide (for Agricultural Use)
- Combination Therapy
- Organic Solvents And Compounds
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate
- Curdlan Sulfate
- Purified Lipids And Fatty Acids
- Azodicarbonamide (ADA)
- Cicloxolone Sodium (CCX)
- Sodium Salt Of Dichloroisocyanuric Acid
- Benzalkonium Salts
- Citric Acid
- Organic Acids
- Solvent/Detergent (S/D) Treatments
- Acidic pH
- Ultraviolet (UV) Light
- Oleanolic Acid (OA)
- CRISPR (Clustered Regularly InterSpaced Palindromic Repeats)
- Calcium Hypochlorite
- Acetic Acid
- Malic Acid
- Phosphoric Acid
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Commonly Used Virus Inactivation Methods
- Disulfide Benzamides And Benzisothiazolones
- Enveloped Virus Inactivation By Caprylate: A Robust Alternative
- Congo Red Dye (CR)
- Ascorbic Acid
- Para-Aminobenzoic Acid (PABA)
- Photosensitizing Virucidal Agents
- Benzoporphyrin Derivative Monoacid Ring A
- Rose Bengal
- Hypocrellin A
- Anthraquinones Extracted From Plants
- Sulfonated Anthraquinones And Other Anthraquinone Derivatives
- Natural Antiviral Agents And Products
- Wild Berry Fruit Extracts
- Extracts of Ledium, Motherworth, Celandine, Black Currant, Coaberry and Billberry
- Silver Nanoparticles
- Natural Catechins From Green Tea Extracts (GT)
- Active Component Of Licorice Roots (Glycyrrhizin)
- Olive Leaf Extracts (Elenolic Acid And Calcium Elonate)
- Pau d’arco
- St John’s Wort
- Extract of Cordia Salicifolia (COL 1-6)
- Steam Distillate From Houttuynia Cordata (Saururaceae) and Its Component
- 5,6,7-Trimethoxyflavone (A Constituent Of The Plant Callicarpa Japonica)
- Glycoalkaloids and Phytosteryl Ester Compounds
- Superoxidized Water
- Ortho-phthalaldehyde (OPA)
- Peracetic Acid (PAA)
- Peracetic Acid and Hydrogen Peroxide
A virus is an infectious agent that can only replicate within a host organism. Viruses can infect a variety of living organisms, including bacteria, plants, and animals. Viruses are so small that a microscope is necessary to visualize them, and they have a very simple structure. When a virus particle is independent from its host, it consists of a viral genome, or genetic material, contained within a protein shell called a capsid. In some viruses, the protein shell is enclosed in a membrane called an envelope. Viral genomes are very diverse, since they can be DNA or RNA, single- or double-stranded, linear or circular, and vary in length and in the number of DNA or RNA molecules.
The viral replication process begins when a virus infects its host by attaching to the host cell and penetrating the cell wall or membrane. The virus's genome is uncoated from the protein and injected into the host cell. Then the viral genome hijacks the host cell's machinery, forcing it to replicate the viral genome and produce viral proteins to make new capsids. Next, the viral particles are assembled into new viruses. The new viruses burst out of the host cell during a process called lysis, which kills the host cell. Some viruses take a portion of the host's membrane during the lysis process to form an envelope around the capsid.
Following viral replication, the new viruses may go on to infect new hosts. Many viruses cause diseases in humans, such as influenza, chicken pox, AIDS, the common cold, and rabies. The primary way to prevent viral infections is vaccination, which administers a vaccine made of inactive viral particles to an unaffected individual, in order to increase the individual's immunity to the disease.
Antiviral Activity Of Lugol's Solution (Lugol's Iodine)
Posted On March 29, 2020
Lugol's Iodine, also known as aqueous iodine and strong iodine solution, is a solution of potassium iodide with iodine in water. Iodine products and Lugol's Iodine are sold online at LabAlley.com. Cleaning with iodine may stop the spread of viruses. Jean Guillaume Auguste Lugol (18 August 1786 – 16 September 1851) was a French physician. It has been know for a long time that iodine kills viruses. Povidone iodine has been used in hospitals under the brand name Betadine. BETADINE® is used for upper respiratory tract infection care.
Buy Safe Ingredients And Chemicals For DIY Homemade Hand Sanitizers At LabAlley.com
Buy bulk natural ingredients and antiviral chemicals, bulk food grade chemicals and organic raw materials for safe recipes for DIY homemade hand sanitizers here. Buy antiviral hand sanitizer ingredients, antiviral disinfectants, antiviral products and antiviral chemical compounds here. Buy antiviral hospital grade disinfectants, pharmaceutical grade substances, hand sanitizers, sterilization sprays, wipes, cleaners and detergents here.
Popular additives for skin care products purchased online in bulk at wholesale prices at LabAlley.com include food grade ethanol, 100% alcohol, 95% alcohol, 70% alcohol, 99% isopropyl alcohol, 91% isopropyl alcohol, 70% isopropyl alcohol, 3% hydrogen peroxide, 6% hydrogen peroxide, food grade hydrogen peroxide, food grade (FCC) vegetable glycerin, Food Grade (FCC) glycerol, solvents, aqueous acids and acids in crystalline powder form.
Shop for popular ingredients used to formulate DIY homemade personal care products such as high purity water, citric acid, menthol crystals, natural peppermint oil, Polysorbate 80, phenol, trichloroacetic acid (TCC), denatured alcohol, n-Propanol, MCT (Coconut Oil), sodium hypochlorite, salicylic acid, fumaric acid, sodium hydroxide, triethanolamine, benzalkonium chloride, triethylene glycol, propylene glycol, ammonium hydroxide, olive oil at LabAlley.com. Buy antiviral hand sanitizer ingredients, antiviral disinfectants, antiviral products and antiviral chemical compounds here. Buy antiviral hospital grade disinfectants, pharmaceutical grade substances, hand sanitizers, sterilization sprays, wipes, cleaners and detergents here.
American distilleries are assisting their communities by producing their own hand sanitizer using a recipe from the World Health Organization. The recipe "starts with ethanol, which is what we have plenty of in the distillery, then you add glycerin, hydrogen peroxide water and you mix it up," Scott Jendrek, owner of Patapsco Distilling Co. in Sykesville, Maryland, told a local NBC News affiliate.
Antiviral Substances And Antiviral Chemical Compounds Are Selling At A Brisk Pace In The U.S.
Posted On March 21, 2020
Buy bulk antiviral chemical compounds, antiviral drug components, antiviral substances, antiviral cleaning products and antiviral medication ingredients online at LabAlley.com.
Buy Hospital Grade Disinfectants, Sanitizers, Sprays, Cleaners And Detergents Online In The U.S.
Posted On March 21, 2020
Chemical Industry News Resources
- 2020 Chemical Industry Outlook
- Latest Chemical Industry News And Breaking News From Chemical Week
- Specialty Chemicals Industry News
- Bulk Chemical, Solvent And Ethanol Prices
- Chemical Processing News
- U.S. Chemical Industry Expansion
- Botanical Processing Chemicals
- Chemicals For Sale
- Top U.S. Chemical Producers
- U.S. Chemical Wholesaler
- 2020 Wholesale Chemical Prices
- Science News
- Chemistry News
- News For Laboratory Managers
- Biology News
- Chemical Industry Events And Conferences
- Chemical Industry Trade Organizations
- Chemical Prices, Companies, Industry Information And Trade Magazines
- Society Of Chemical Industry
- Chemical Industry Trends
- Life Sciences News
- Lab Supply Company
- Laboratory Supplies And Lab Equipment
Recent 2020 Chemical Industry News
Chloroform Chemical Properties
- Chloroform Boiling point: 142.2°F (61.2°C)
- Chloroform Molar Mass: 119.38 g/mol
- Chloroform Formula: CHCl3
- Chloroform Density: 1.49 g/cm³
- Chloroform IUPAC ID: Trichloromethane
- Chloroform Melting point: -82.3°F (-63.5°C)
- Chloroform PubChem CID: 6212
- Chloroform CAS Registry Number: 67-66-3
- Chloroform Toxicity
- Information On Chloroform From ChemSpider: ID: 5977, Properties, Spectra, Structure, Vendors, Articles, Reactions, Crystals CIFs, Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- Chloroform Effects: Shortness of breath, irritation of the nose and throat, excitement, nausea, vomiting, ataxia, dizziness, drowsiness.
- Chloroform Hazards: Chloroform (CHCl3) is a colorless liquid that quickly evaporates into gas. It can harm the eyes, skin, liver, kidneys, and nervous system. Chloroform can be toxic if inhaled or swallowed. Exposure to chloroform may also cause cancer. Read more here.
- Chloroform Solvent Polarity
- Chloroform Solvent Extraction
- Chloroform Solvent Class
- Chloroform With Diagram
- Chloroform For Dogs
- Chloroform Facts For Kids
- Chloroform For Surgery
- Chloroform For Childbirth
- Chloroform With Zinc Dust In Water
- Chloroform To Acetylene
- Chloroform Is For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
- Solvent Uses: For Laboratory, Chemistry, HPLC, Botanical Extraction And Personal Use
- For Phenol/Chloroform Extraction and Ethanol Precipitation
Buy Formic Acid Online (CH2O2) In Bulk Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
If you have questions about ordering formic acid online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a formic acid specialist.
Properties of Formic Acid for Sale Online at LabAlley.com
- Formic Acid Formula: CH202
- Formic Acid Molar Mass: 46.025
- Formic Acid pKa: pKa = 3.75 at 20 °C.
- Formic Acid IUPAC ID: Formic Acid
- Formic Acid Density: 1.220 g/mL
- Formic Acid Boiling Point: 100.8 °C
- Formic Acid Melting Point: 8.4 °C
- Formic Acid | HCOOH | PubChem
- Formic Acid CAS Registry Number: 64-18-6
- Formic Acid Structure
- Formic Acid pH: A 0.10M solution of formic acid, HCOOH, has a pH = 2.38 at 25oC.
- Formic Acid Uses and Manufacturing on PubChem
- Formic Acid Properties, Structure, Spectra, Vendor, Suppliers And ChemSpider ID: 278
- Formic Acid Information on Wikipedia
- Formic Acid With NaOH
- Formic Acid With H2SO4
- Formic Acid With Mercuric Chloride
- Formic Acid With Sulfuric Acid
- Formic Acid With KMnO₄
- Formic Acid With Tollen's Reagent
- Formic Acid With Potassium Hydroxide
- Formic Acid Toxicity
- Formic Acid Safety and Hazards Information
- Formic Acid Uses: Protects Bees From Parasites, For Warts, Preservative in Livestock Feed, Processing Textiles and Leather, Applications in Feed Silos, Oil Wells and Alternative Energy, Production of Food and Cosmetic Additives, Antibacterial Agent
'Kid Safe Chemical' Definition And Meaning
Posted On January 3, 2020
In 2020, 'Kid Safe Chemicals' in the U.S. reduce the exposure of children to toxic compounds and substances. The potential benefit of using a 'Kid Safe Chemical' outweighs the risk of harm. 'Kid Safe Chemicals' should prevent disease instead of causing it.
However, the popular consumer and legislative term 'Kid Safe Chemicals', is more of an expression of medical ethics than a nationally regulated standard. The loosely used phrase, 'Kid Safe Chemicals', describes a concept similar to the "first, do no harm” idea attributed to the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates in the historical physician's pledge called the Hippocratic Oath. 'Kid Safe Chemicals' "abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm."
Any chemical, substance or compound in fluid form, solid form or a gaseous state, which has the potential to injure a child is not considered to be a 'Kid Safe Chemical' and is referred to as a dangerous or hazardous chemical. 'Kid Safe Chemicals' are not toxic when exposure or ingestion is in normal amounts.
Headwinds But No Chemical Recession For The US In 2020
Posted On January 1, 2020
Continued trade conflicts and slow growth in the rest of the world caught up with the US chemical industry in 2019. Read more here.
2020 Chemical Industry Outlook From Deloitte | Exploring Chemical Industry Trends
Posted on January 1, 2020
The chemical industry continues to respond to familiar factors—end-markets demand, price volatility of key feedstocks, trade and regulatory barriers, and sustainability. The Deloitte 2020 chemical industry outlook also reveals that trade tensions and mixed signals about domestic manufacturing are slowing sales. Read more here.
Buy Ethanol Online At LabAlley.com/Collections/Ethanol
Posted On December 30, 2019
- Buy ethanol extraction supplies, ethanol extraction equipment, ethanol extraction machines, ethanol extraction centrifuges, ethanol extraction filters, ethanol extraction products and ethanol extraction vessels here.
- Review information on ethanol chemical properties, ethanol extraction uses, ethanol solubility, ethanol miscibility and ethanol hazards here.
- Ethanol (Ethyl Alcohol) Formula, Uses, Solubility, Miscibility, Hazards, Density, Structure, Chemical Properties, Melting Point, Boiling Point, Hazards And CAS Registry Number
Laboratory Glassware, Laboratory Supplies And Laboratory Equipment For Sale
Posted On December 26, 2019
Shop online for the most respected brands of laboratory glassware, botanical extraction equipment, laboratory glassware for school chemistry labs, lab supplies and lab equipment for scientific work, production work or household use at LabAlley.com.
Lab Alley is a laboratory glassware, plasticware, labware, scientific glass and chemical supplier located in Austin, Texas. Contact our laboratory glassware company to request a laboratory glassware list in PDF form, a laboratory glassware price list or a lab glass catalog. Call 512-668-9918 to speak with a laboratory glassware specialist or email email@example.com.
Buy safe laboratory glassware at LabAlley.com to manufacture your own 'DIY' essential oils, fertilizer, cosmetics, pool chemicals, skin care products, distillates, botanical extracts, soaps, perfume, essential oils, cologne, personal care products and herbal extracts.
Laboratory glassware is used extensively laboratories, homes, workshops, industry, science and commercial and residential kitchens in the U.S. Lab glassware supplies are sold in a variety of sizes and shapes. Contact us if you have any questions about identifying the right laboratory glassware for your intended application. Review a laboratory equipment buyer's guide here. Browse laboratory supplies and equipment here.
Buy the best brands of laboratory glassware and lab supplies online at LabAlley.com. Laboratory glassware for sale here is shipped FedEx in USA. Laboratory glassware ordered online here is used for scientific work, botanical extraction and distillation, homes and kitchens. Choose from the best brands of laboratory glassware including Kimble, Corning, PYREX and Kontes. Buy borosilicate glass chemistry beakers and flasks online at LabAlley.com.
Buy Safe Chemicals In Bulk At LabAlley.com
Posted On December 21, 2019
- Buy Bulk Chemicals, Specialty Chemical Products And Industrial Supplies For U.S. Manufacturing Operations Here
- Buy Safer Chemical Ingredients To Make Commercial And Residential Cleaning Products Here
- Buy Safe Chemicals In Bulk For USA Labs, Homes, Cosmetics, Pools And Schools Here
- Buy High Quality Research Chemicals In Bulk Here
- Buy High Purity Lab Chemicals And Science Chemicals In Bulk Here
- Buy Safer Raw Materials And Ingredients For Cosmetic, Skin Care Products And Personal Care Products In Bulk Here
- Buy Bulk Pharmaceutical Chemicals Here
- Buy Raw Chemical Ingredients For Heavy Duty Industrial Use, Everyday Household Cleaning And Other Applications
- Buy Safer Raw Materials And Ingredients To Make Your Own DIY Pool And Hot Tub Chemicals And Pool Cleaners Here
- Buy eco-friendly chemicals for treating, cleaning and sealing metals, metal parts, machines and equipment. Buy chemicals in bulk to perform metal pretreatment operations.
- Buy Safe Raw Materials To Make Your Own DIY Fertilizers And Lawn Care Products Here
- Buy Solvents In Bulk Here
- Buy Laboratory Acids In Bulk Here
- Buy Prepared Chemicals Solutions, Aqueous Chemical Solutions And Stock Solutions In Bulk Here
- Buy Ethanol In Bulk Here
- Purchase Bulk Chemical Ingredients For Industrial Or Personal Use
- Order Chemicals In Large Quantities For Laboratory Or Household Use
- Buy 200% Proof (100% Alcohol) Food Grade Ethanol In A 5 Gallon Pail Here
- Buy Hydrogen Peroxide In Bulk Here
- Buy Methanol In Bulk Here
- Buy MCT Oil In Bulk Here
- Buy USDA Certified Organic Ingredients At LabAlley.com
- USA Food Grade Ingredients Are For Sale Online At LabAlley.com
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail Of Pure MCT Oil Here
- Buy Safe Chemical Substances To Use As Pharmaceutical And Cosmetic Ingredients
- Buy A 5 Gallon Pail Of ACS Reagent Grade Acetone Here
- Buy Safe Solvents For Botanical Extracts, Herbal Tinctures And Medicinal Oils Here
- Buy Chemicals In Large Quantities For USA Labs, Schools, Botanical Oil Extracts, Cosmetic Makers, Pools, Homes, Lawn Care, Science, Industry And Family Households
- Buy Safe Acids For Cosmetics Such As Acetic Acid, Salicylic Acid, Citric Acid, Glycolic Acid And Boric Acid
- Buy Acids For Industrial Use Such As Formic Acid, Phosphoric Acid, Nitric Acid, Sulfuric Acid, Hydrochloric Acid And Hydrofluoric Acid
- Bulk Chemicals, Raw Materials And Ingredients Are Shipped By FedEx And LTL In The United States
Buy Medical Research Chemicals, Scientific Research Chemicals, Pharmacological Research Chemicals And Agricultural Research Chemicals Online In The USA
Posted December 21, 2019
If you have questions about your options and choices for ordering research chemicals online here at LabAlley.com or if you would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a Research Chemical Safety Specialist.
If you can not find the research chemical or ingredient you are looking for, contact us and we may be able to special order it for you. LabAlley.com, based in Austin, Texas is an online laboratory chemical store and chemical supplier that sells research chemicals to individuals and scientific research organizations in the U.S. Download a laboratory chemicals list here.
Highly specialized research chemicals are sold online in the U.S. at LabAlley.com. Order high purity research chemicals for pharmaceutical development, innovative medical experiments and biochemical (biochemistry) research. Buy research chemicals for medical research at institutional laboratories or personal use in home science labs. Research chemicals are shipped FedEx in the U.S. Prices for research chemicals start at $5.
ACS reagent chemicals, 99% pure USP pharmaceutical-grade compounds (PGC) and research chemicals are for sale online here. Pharmaceutical Grade research chemicals ordered online at LabAlley.com do not contain unknown substances, dyes, binders, contaminants, fillers or binders.
Use A USA Sales Tax Exemption Certificate To Purchase Scientific Research Chemicals At LabAlley.com
Customers based in the United States that do not need to pay sales tax for research chemical orders can email email@example.com and attach their tax exemption certificate. Download the United States Sales Tax Exemption Form (Form SF1094) here. Download 'Your Practical Guide To Basic Laboratory Techniques' in PDF format here. Obtain research chemicals from the NIDA DSP here.
Buy Safer Food Grade Chemicals And Natural Sanitation Ingredients For Cleaning Swimming Pools And Hot Tubs In The U.S.
Posted On December 19, 2019
Make your own pool chemicals with natural ingredients ordered online at LabAlley.com. There are many natural ways to keep pool water clean. Use safe household chemical ingredients to clean your pool. Buy environmentally friendly, non-toxic, and biodegradable cleaners. Kid Safe and Pet Safe pool chemicals are for sale online at LabAlley.com and are shipped to you by FedEx in the U.S.
Use Natural Ingredients And Safer Chemicals To Maintain A Kid Safe Pool
- Learn How To Keep A Pool Clean With Baking Soda
- Learn How To Keep A Pool Clean Without Chemicals
- Make Homemade Algaecides For Swimming Pools
- Learn How To Add Baking Soda To A Pool
- Discover Natural Ways To Keep Pool Water Clean
- Make Your Own 'DIY' Pool Cleaners
- Learn How To Lower Pool pH Levels With Muriatic Acid
How To Buy Safer Pool Chemicals And Pet Safe Natural Cleaning Products To Clean Pools And Hot Tubs
If you have questions about your options and choices for ordering safer and healthier pool chemicals online here at LabAlley.com or if you would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a Pool Chemical Safety Specialist. If you can not find the chemical or ingredient you are looking for, contact us and we may be able to special order it for you.
If Safety Matters, Buy Natural Compounds To Clean Your Pool Or Hot Tub
- Muriatic Acid (Hydrochloric Acid)
- Citric Acid (Found In Lemons)
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)
- Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide
- Sodium Bisulfate
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Calcium Chloride
- Sodium Chloride (Pool Salt)
- Sodium Carbonate/Soda Ash
- Sodium Bromide
- Hydrogen Peroxide
- Acetic Acid (Waterless Vinegar)
- Sodium Hypochlorite With 5% Chlorine
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda)
- Sodium Hypochlorite (Household Bleach)
- Olive Oil (For Cleaning Pool Decks, Pool Toys And Pool Covers)
- Boric Acid (Borax)
Buy Natural And Safe Chemicals For Pools And Hot Tubs At LabAlley.com
- Pool Chemicals For Winter
- Pool Chemicals for Algae
- Pool Chemicals For Sensitive Skin
- Pool Chemicals For Salt Water Pools
- Chemicals For Closing Pools
- Pool Chemicals For Sand Filters
- Pet Safe Pool Chemicals
- Dog Safe Pool Chemicals
- Baby Safe Pool Chemicals
- Kid Safe Pool Chemicals
- Safe Swimming Pool Chemicals
- Pool Chemicals Are Shipped FedEx In The USA
Buy Approved Chemicals And Ingredients At LabAlley.com
Posted On December 18, 2019
- Approved Chemicals For Organic Farming
- Approved Chemicals For Cosmetics And Skin Care Products
- Approved Chemicals And Ingredients For USA Labs And Families
- Approved Chemicals For Fumigation
- Approved Chemicals For Medicinal Plant, Herbal And Botanical Extraction
- Chemicals Approved For Drain Disposal
- FDA Approved Chemicals For Food Contact
- Approved Chemicals For Pest Control
- FDA Approved Chemicals For Aquaculture
Common Payment Methods Used To Buy Safe Chemicals For USA Labs And Homes And To Buy Safe Organic Chemical Ingredients Online In The U.S.
Posted On December 16, 2019
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Cash (US Dollar)
- Charge Card
- Personal Checks
- Business Checks
- Mobile Payments
- Google Pay
- American Express
- Bank Transfers
- Direct Deposit
- Pre-Paid Card
- Digital Payments
- Electronic Payments
- ACH Transfer
- Electronic Funds Transfers (EFT)
- Mobile Payment Apps
- Apple Pay
- Bank Of America Credit Card
- Barclays Credit Card
- Capital One Credit Card
- Citi Credit Card
Ingredients And Raw Materials For Making Cosmetics, Skin Care Products, Creams And Personal Care Products
LabAlley.com sells a wide variety of safe ingredients and raw materials for skin care products that relieve skin conditions, support skin integrity and enhance its appearance. Wholesome substances and invigorating compounds ordered at LabAlley.com are used to make skin care and cosmetic products that cleanse and beautify. Cosmetic makers and personal care product manufacturers order natural products and food grade chemical compounds at LabAlley.com to make substances and products that are applied to the body and face. These healthy products alter and enhance the fragrance, appearance and texture of the body and face. One of the most popular products ordered in bulk is USDA Certified Organic Coconut Oil sold in 5 gallon pails.
Ingredients in today's skin care products include citric acid, alpha-hydroxy acids, beta hydroxy acids, lactic acid, hydroquinone, retinol, clay, kojic acid, oils, salicylic acid, copper peptide and others. Some of the of common skin care ingredients, cosmetic ingredients, raw materials and personal care product ingredients sold online at LabAlley.com are listed below. Buy safer cosmetic and skin care ingredients here.
- Glycolic Acid
- Distilled And Highly Purified Water
- Trichloroacetic Acid
- Castile Soap
- Potassium Permanganate
- Boric Acid
- USDA Certified Organic Coconut Oil
- Pure Food Grade Alcohol
- Activated Charcoal
- Eucalyptus Oil
- Methyl Salicylate
- Lactic Acid
- Citric Acid
- Denatured Alcohol
- 190 Proof Non-Denatured Alcohol
- Pine Oil
- Lauric Acid
- Mineral Oil
- Tartaric Acid
- Benzyl Alcohol
- Sesame Oil
- Neatsfoot Oil
- Carbonic Acid
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salicylic Acid
- Castor Oil
- Food Grade Peppermint Oil
- Cedarwood Oil
- L-Ascorbic Acid
- Bentonite Clay
- China Clay (White Kaolin Powder)
- Zinc Oxide
Buy Methyl Salicylate Online At LabAlley.com
Methyl salicylate is an organic compound with the formula C₆H₄. Methyl Salicylate is ordered online at LabAlley.com for medicinal uses and to make personal care products. It is the methyl ester of salicylic acid. It is used extensively in the United States to make topical pain relief products. It is a colorless, viscous liquid with a sweet fruity odor reminiscent of root beer. The odor is often described as "minty" due to its use in mint candies.
- Buy High Purity And High Concentration Methyl Salicylate At https://www.laballey.com/products/methyl-salicylate-synthetic
- Methyl Salicylate Is In Stock At LabAlley.com
- Methyl Salicylate Is For Sale Online In The USA
- Fast Shipping Of Methyl Salicylate By FedEx Throughout The United States
- Also Called Oil of Wintergreen
- Use Methyl Salicylate For Topical Ointments And Toothpaste
- Use Methyl Salicylate To Treat Joint And Muscular Pain
- Methyl Salicylate Is Used As A Local Anesthetic
- Methyl Salicylate Is Used As A Denaturant, Pesticide And Fragrance Ingredient
- Methyl Salicylate Purchased Online At LabAlley.com Is Blended With Methanol To Make Antirheumatic Ointments, Muscle Creams, Topical Ointments, Pain Relief Creams And Patches
- Methyl Salicylate Is Blended With Piroxicam, Menthol and Capsaicin To Make Topical Gels
- Methyl Salicylate Is Used In Perfumes And Toothpaste
- Methyl Salicylate Is The Methyl Ester Of Salicylic Acid
- High Purity Methyl Salicylate Purchased At LabAlley.com Is The Synthetic Form
Trump Plan ‘Step In Right Direction’ For Ethanol Industry
Posted On December 9, 2019
The ethanol industry has been going through a difficult couple of years, local producers and industry spokespeople said. Part of the difficulty has to do with regulatory decisions by the EPA under the Trump administration, they said.
While factors like the trade war with China and increasing supplies of ethanol being made in the U.S. have also impacted the industry, ethanol producers say changes in regulatory actions have also played a part.
How Chemicals Are Made, Sold, Ordered, Shipped And Used In The USA In 2019
Posted On December 9, 2019
- Learn How Chemicals Are Manufactured, Marketed, Purchased, Transported And Consumed In The USA In 2019
- How Science Labs, Industries And Individuals Buy And Use Chemicals
- Chemical Names And Classifications
- Chemical Shipping And Transportation Information
- Scientific, Toxicity And Research Data
Buy Safe Lab Chemicals | Choose Eco-Friendly Household Cleaning Chemicals | Purchase Green Chemicals For Personal Use | Order High Purity Chemicals For Scientific Analysis | For Sale Online In The USA
Posted On November 22, 2019
Buy high purity chemicals that are safe for science laboratories, homes and schools in the United States. High quality solvents, aqueous solutions, acids, alcohols, analytical reagents, bases, caustics, electrolyte solutions and buffers can be purchased online from LabAlley.com.
Americans purchase food grade (natural) solvents, organic oils and organic acids, such as citric acid, online from Lab Ally because they are a safer choice. One of the most common chemicals sold online at LabAlley.com is 1 pint of food grade alcohol (ethanol).
Buy Fluoroboric Acid 48% Online
Posted On November 20, 2019
Tetrafluoroboric Acid Solution 48 wt. % In H2O | Fluoroboric Acid Prices: 1 Liter Bottle, 4 Liter | Fluoboric Acid | High Purity Lab Grade | For Sale Online In USA | Formula HBF4 | CAS 16872-11-0 | Fast Shipping
Fluoroboric acid or tetrafluoroboric acid (archaically, fluoboric acid) is an inorganic compound that is mainly produced as a precursor to other fluoroborate salts. It is a strong acid. Fluoroboric acid is corrosive and attacks the skin. It is available commercially as a solution in water and other solvents such as diethyl ether. It is a strong acid with a weakly coordinating, non-oxidizing conjugate base. It is structurally similar to perchloric acid, but lacks the hazards associated with oxidants.
Buy Sodium Hydroxide Online In The USA
Posted On November 20, 2019
Sodium Hydroxide Properties
- Formula NaOH
- Sodium Hydroxide Lye
- CAS # 1310-73-2
- Buy Sodium Hydroxide To Make Soap
- Sodium Hydroxide Bulk Prices
- Food Grade/FCC Grade Sodium Hydroxide For Sale
- Buy Food Grade Sodium Hydroxide In Small Quantities For Home Use
- Fast Shipping
Mannitol Powder For Sale Online In The USA
Posted On November 20, 2019
- Buy Mannitol Powder Online From LabAlley.com
- Purchase 500 Grams Of Mannitol Powder
- Purchase 1 Kilogram Of Mannitol Powder
- Ultra Pure Mannitol Powder For Sale Online In The United States | 100% (99.2%)
- Fast Shipping Of Mannitol Powder For U.S. Based Customers
- Purchase 2.5kg Of Mannitol Powder
- Purchase 3kg Of Mannitol Powder
- Order Mannitol Powder In Bulk At Wholesale Prices
- Buy A 10kg Bulk Container Of Mannitol Powder
- Formula C6H14O6
- CAS # 64-65-8
- Used: For Parkinson's Disease, Sugar Alcohol And Sweetener, For Glaucoma, Medical Uses, Food Uses, For Analytical Chemistry
Ammonium Hydroxide For Sale Online
Posted On November 20, 2019
Buy Ammonia Hydroxide Aqueous Solutions In The United States
- Buy ACS Grade Ammonia Hydroxide 28-30% Aqueous Solution In Water In A Bulk 55 Gallon Drum >
- Ammonia Hydroxide 50% Aqueous Solution In Water >
- Lab Grade Ammonia Hydroxide 27-30% Aqueous Solution In Water >
- ACS Reagent Ammonia Hydroxide 28-30% Aqueous Solution In Water In Glass Bottles >
- Ammonia Hydroxide 20% Aqueous Solution In Water >
- Ammonia Hydroxide 0.1 Aqueous Solution In Water >
- Ammonia Hydroxide 1.0N Aqueous Solution In Water >
- Ammonia Hydroxide 1.0 Molar Aqueous Solution In Water >
- Ammonia Hydroxide 2 Molar Aqueous Solution In Water >
- Ammonium Hydroxide 20° Baume ~54 - 55% Aqueous Solution In Water >
Lab Grade Ammonium Hydroxide 27-30% Aqueous Solution In Water For Sale | Contains 27-30% Ammonia By Weight
ACS Grade Ammonium Hydroxide 28-30% For Sale | Contains 28-30% Ammonia By Weight
Common Acids Purchased By Laboratories, Manufacturing Companies, Homeowners And Individuals For Personal Use In The United States
Posted On November 19, 2019
Shop online at Lab Alley for a wide variety of common acids used in chemistry applications, in manufacturing workshops and everyday life including nitric acid, boric acid, carbonic acid, formic acid, trichloroacetic acid, lauric acid, hydrochloric acid, hydrofluoric acid, tartaric acid, sulfuric acid, muriatic acid, citric acid, phosphoric acid, oxalic acid, absorbic acid and acetic acid at https://www.laballey.com/collections/acids.
Zinc Chloride 1M Solution Product Summary
Posted On November 18, 2019
- Buy Zinc Chloride Aqueous Solutions Online At LabAlley.com
- Zinc Chloride 1M Stock Solution
- Buy A 250ml Bottle Of Zinc Chloride 1M Solution
- Buy A 4 Liter (1.06 Gallon) Bottle Of Zinc Chloride 1M Solution
- High Quality Lab Grade Zinc Chloride Solutions For Sale Online
- Formula ZnCl₂
- CAS 7646-85-7
- Fast Shipping In USA
A 1 molar solution is a solution in which 1 mole of a compound is dissolved in a total volume of 1 liter.
Zinc Chloride 1M Solution Preparation
- Add about 6.6 gm of granulated zinc (previously washed with 0.1M HCl and then water) and dissolve in a minimum amount of 2 M HCl.
- Add more about 700 ml of purified water, mix and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Make up the volume 1000 ml with purified water. Mix solution thoroughly.
- Keep the solution for at least an hour and then carry out the standardization.
Ferroxyl Indicator | Ferroxyl Test Solution | Ferroxyl Indicator Solution | Product Summary
Posted On November 18, 2019
- Buy A 1 Liter (33.8 oz) Bottle Of Ferroxyl Indicator Solution
- Buy A 4 Liter (1.06 Gallon) Bottle Of Ferroxyl Indicator Solution
- Ferroxyl Indicator Solution Contains Potassium Ferricyanide And Sodium Chloride
- Use A Ferroxyl Test Solution To Test And Detect Metal Oxidation, Iron Contamination, Stainless Steel Contamination, Corrosion And Rusting
Ferroxyl indicator is a solution containing potassium hexacyanoferrate(III) and phenolphthalein. It turns blue in the presence of Fe2+ ions, pink in the presence of hydroxide ions, it can be used to detect metal oxidation. It is often used to detect rusting in various situations. It can be prepared by dissolving 10g sodium chloride and 1g potassium hexacyanoferrate(III) in distilled water, adding 10 cm3 phenolphthalein indicator, then making up to 500 cm3 with distilled water.
Ferroxyl porosity tests are used to detect porosity of metal coatings, such as copper, nickel, lead, and tin, upon iron or steel. You should not breathe vapors of ferroxyl indicator solution and adequate protection always shall be provided when using conducting a test in a closely confined place.
Ferroxyl Indicator Solutions purchased from Lab Alley are used in science classes and experiments to demonstrate how iron nails rust.
Posted On November 18, 2019
Nicotine For Sale Online | Buy A 100ml (3.4 Ounce) Bottle Of Nicotine 0.01% Solution | Pure Liquid Nicotine In A 0.01% Aqueous Solution | Formula C10H14N2 | USP & Laboratory Grade | Fast Shipping | CAS 54-11-5 | MSDS/SDS Info | Contact Lab Alley For Wholesale Prices For Bulk Orders Of Nicotine Aqueous Solutions
Buy Various Sulfuric Acid Concentrations, Mixtures And Aqueous Solutions Available From Lab Alley
Posted On November 17, 2019
Lauric Acid Product Summary | High Purity Laboratory Grade | 97% Purity
Posted On November 16, 2019
- Buy Lauric Acid Online In The USA From Lab Alley
- Formula C12H24O2
- Lauric Acid Melting Point: 109.8°F
- Lauric Acid For Sale Online
- Buy Lauric Acid In Bulk At Wholesale Prices By Calling 512-668-9918 And Speaking With A Lauric Acid Specialist
- Also Known As Dodecanoic Acid
- Purchase High Purity Laboratory Grade Lauric Acid For Sale
- CAS # 143-07-7
- Lauric Acid Melting Point In Celsius: 43.2°C
- Lauric Acid Density: 880 kg/m³
- Lauric Acid Skeletal Structure
- Fast Shipping In USA
- Saturated Fatty Acid Found In Coconut Oil
- Lab Alley Is A Lauric Acid Supplier Based In Austin, Texas
Buy Hydrofluoric Acid Online (HF) In Bulk Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
Posted On November 15, 2019
If you have questions about ordering hydrofluoric acid online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with a hydrofluoric acid specialist. Anyone in the United States can buy hydrofluoric acid online at LabAlley.com. Fast shipping of hydrofluoric acid is provided for all U.S. based customers. Hydrofluoric acid is a solution of hydrogen fluoride (HF) in water.
Lab Alley's Hydrofluoric Acid Product Summaries
Posted On November 15, 2019
Hydrofluoric Acid Properties
- CAS #: 7664-39-3
- Formula: HF
- Contact Lab Alley For A Hydrofluoric Acid SDS Or MSDS
- Density: Density Of Hydrofluoric Acid Is 1.15 g/mL For A 48% Solution
- Uses: Hydrofluoric acid has a variety of uses in industry and research.
- Grades: ACS Grade | Technical Grade | Laboratory Grade
- Aqueous Solutions Of Hydrogen Fluoride (HF) In Water Can Be Purchased Online From Lab Alley
- Molecular Weight: 20.0064 g/mol
- Aqueous Solutions: 5%, 48%, 50%, 60% And 70%
Hydrofluoric Acid 50% Product Summary:
Hydrofluoric Acid 70% Product Summary
- Buy Hydrofluoric Acid 70% From Lab Alley
- Technical/Lab Grade Hydrofluoric Acid
- Strong 70% Hydrofluoric Acid For Sale Online In USA
- Hydrofluoric Acid Uses
- How Hydrofluoric Acid Is Made And Produced
Hydrofluoric Acid 48% Product Summary
- Buy Hydrofluoric Acid 48% From Lab Alley
- 48% Hydrofluoric Acid For Sale Online In The USA
- Hydrofluoric Acid, 48%, ACS Reagent, For Analysis
Hydrofluoric Acid 60% Product Summary
- Buy Hydrofluoric Acid 60% From Lab Alley
- Technical/Lab Grade Hydrofluoric Acid
- Strong 60% Hydrofluoric Acid For Sale Online In USA
- Hydrofluoric Acid Uses
- How Hydrofluoric Acid Is Made And Produced
100% Hydrofluoric Acid And 10% Hydrofluoric Acid For Sale
Most people that are looking for 100% hydrofluoric acid for sale are actually looking for 100% (or 99.9%) hydrogen fluoride. The sale of this product has been discontinued by numerous pure hydrofluoric acid and pure hydrogen fluoride suppliers including Lab Alley, which does not sell 100% hydrofluoric acid. This is an extremely hard product to located in the USA.
What Is Hydrogen Fluoride?
Hydrogen fluoride is a chemical compound that contains fluorine. It can exist as a colorless gas or as a fuming liquid, or it can be dissolved in water. When hydrogen fluoride is dissolved in water, it may be called hydrofluoric acid.
Hydrogen fluoride is a highly dangerous gas, forming corrosive and penetrating hydrofluoric acid upon contact with moisture. The gas can also cause blindness by rapid destruction of the corneas.
HF is miscible with water (dissolves in any proportion). In contrast, the other hydrogen halides exhibit limiting solubilities in water. Hydrogen fluoride form a monohydrate HF.H2O (−40 °C (−40 °F), which is 44 °C (79 °F) above the melting point of pure HF. Aqueous solutions of HF are called hydrofluoric acid. When dilute, hydrofluoric acid is a weak acid, unlike the other hydrohalic acids. However concentrated solutions are strong acids.
Hydrogen fluoride is a chemical compound with the chemical formula HF. This colorless gas or liquid is the principal industrial source of fluorine, often as an aqueous solution called hydrofluoric acid. It is an important feedstock in the preparation of many important compounds including pharmaceuticals and polymers (e.g. Teflon). HF is widely used in the petrochemical industry as a component of superacids. Hydrogen fluoride boils near room temperature, much higher than other hydrogen halides.
Posted On November 14, 2019
PEG 400 (polyethylene glycol 400) is a low-molecular-weight grade of polyethylene glycol. PEG 400 gets it's name because 400 is the molecular weight. It is a clear, colorless, viscous liquid. Due in part to its low toxicity, PEG 400 is widely used in a variety of pharmaceutical formulations. PEG 400 is soluble in water, acetone, alcohols, benzene, glycerin, glycols, and aromatic hydrocarbons, and is slightly soluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons. Within the pharmaceutical industry, PEG 400 is used as a solvent, plasticizer, and a surfactant to lower the surface tension of water. Polyethylene Glycol 400 molecular weight has been shown to eliminate static and not influence physical properties or part performance of plastic pellets and granules. The cost is minimal; it is highly effective and is readily available from Lab Alley. Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) is an eco-friendly solvent.
Lab Alley Hydrochloric Acid Product Line Summary
Posted On November 13, 2019
Buy Hydrochloric Acid | 16 oz (500ml) Bottle | 33 oz (1 Liter) | 1 Gallon Bottle | Formula HCl | For Sale Online In USA | ACS Reagent Grade 37% Hydrochloric Acid For Sale | Hydrochloric Acid Products: 0.1%, 0.5%, 1%, 5%, 7%, 10%, 15% Analytical Reagent (AR) Grade, 20% Analytical Grade (AR), 25% Analytical Reagent (AR) Grade, 28%, 30%, 37%, 0.1N, 1N, 1:1, 5N, 12N, 3M, 6M, 1 Molar, 5% Hydrochloric Acid 5% In Denatured Alcohol | Uses | SDS/MSDS | Safety and Hazards Infromation
Buy Mineral Spirits Online From Lab Alley
Posted On November 11, 2019
- Buy Mineral Spirits Online In The USA
- High Quality Laboratory Grade Mineral Spirits For Sale
- Fast Shipping In USA
- Mineral Spirits Uses: Organic Solvent, Turpentine Replacement & Paint Thinner, Cleansing Agent
- Learn How To Clean With Mineral Spirits
- Buy Mineral Spirits Substitutes For Cleaning From Lab Alley: Acetone, Denatured Alcohol, Turpentine, Rubbing Alcohol, Isopropyl Alcohol
3 Takeaways from AHPA’s Botanical Congress
Posted On November 11, 2019
Las Vegas, NV—The American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) held its 8th Annual Botanical Congress on the final day of SupplySide West at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The all-day event covered a range of topics impacting the industry, including the current regulatory status of hemp-CBD in the marketplace; the impact of the U.S.-China trade war; sustainability practices; and an in-depth look at traditional medicines and contemporary herbal traditions and supply of popular North American herbs.
American Herbal Products Association (AHPA)
Posted On November 11, 2019
AHPA is comprised of more than 350 member companies, consisting primarily of domestic and foreign companies doing business as growers, processors, manufacturers and marketers of herbs and herbal products as foods, dietary supplements, cosmetics and non-prescription drugs. Learn more here.
News From The American Botanical Council
Posted On November 11, 2019
Keep up-to-date on the latest news in herbal medicine.
Global $5.8 Billion Botanical Extracts Market 2017-2022
Posted On November 11, 2019
Where To Buy Stoddard Solvent Online In The United States
Posted On November 11, 2019
- High Quality Laboratory Grade Solvent For Industrial and Personal Uses
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Chemical Substance And Is A Petroleum Mixture
- Stoddard Solvent Viscosity: 0.91 - 0.95 cp @ 25 deg C
- Stoddard Solvent CAS # 8052-41-3
- EPA Registry Name: Stoddard Solvent
- Solubility: Soluble In Water, Ether And Methanol
- Stoddard Solvent SDS: Contact Lab Alley To Request An SDS Or MSDS
- IUPAC Name: 6-bromohexyl acetate
- Stoddard Solvent Toxicity Information From ATSDR
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Colorless, Flammable Liquid
- Stoddard Solvent Is A Paint Thinner And General Purpose Industrial Solvent
- Stoddard Solvent Is Used In Semiconductor Manufacturing
- Related Terms Are Dry Cleaning Safety Solvent, Petroleum Solvent, Varnoline
- Registered Trade Names Are Texsolve S® and Varsol 1®
- Smells And Tastes Like Kerosene
- Boiling Range: 154-202°C, | Will Turn Into Vapor At Temperatures Of 150-200°C
- Buy Mineral Spirits, Mineral Turpentines, White Spirits, Petroleum Spirits And Paint Thinners Such As Such As Stoddard Solvent, Varsol And Naphtha Online In United States From LabAlley.com.
Buy Hydrogen Peroxide And Potassium Iodide For Science Experiments
Posted On November 8, 2019
You can make elephant toothpaste with detergent, hydrogen peroxide and potassium iodide. You can buy potassium iodide and hydrogen peroxide for 'Elephant Toothpaste' chemistry demonstrations.
Buy Potassium Iodide | Granular Crystals | 25 Grams | 125g | 500g | 1kg | 2.5kg | 12kg | 25kg | Buy Potassium Iodide For Science Experiments | Buy Potassium Iodide For Elephant's Toothpaste Here | Buy Hydrogen Peroxide For Elephant's Toothpaste Here | Formula KI | Lab Grade | CAS # 7681-11-0 | For Sale Online | Fast Shipping In USA
What Is Silver Nitrate And Where Do You Buy It Online?
Posted On November 6, 2019
The chemical formula for Silver Nitrate is AgNO3. Silver Nitrate is an inorganic chemical with antiseptic activity. Silver nitrate appears as a colorless or white crystalline solid becoming black on exposure to light or organic material. Silver nitrate can potentially be used as a cauterizing or sclerosing agent. Silver Nitrate is used to feminize seeds of medicinal and botanical plants.
What Is Silver Nitrate Used For In The United States?
Posted On November 6, 2019
- Silver Nitrate Ointment : Silver Nitrate is a prescription topical solution used in treating wounds and burns on the skin as an anti-infective agent.
- Silver Nitrate Cream: Silver Nitrate Cream is used to cauterize infected tissues around a skin wound.
- In Photographic Film: Silver Nitrate is used in film and photography because it turns black when exposed to light.
- Silver Nitrate For Burns: Silver Nitrate Cream is used to treat burns. Topical antimicrobials for the prevention and treatment of burn wound infection include silver nitrate.
- In Medicine: Silver nitrate is used to cauterize superficial blood vessels in the nose to help prevent nose bleeds. Dentists sometimes use silver nitrate-infused swabs to heal oral ulcers. Silver nitrate is used by some podiatrists to kill cells located in the nail bed.
- Silver Nitrate Sticks For Wound Care: A caustic pencil (or silver nitrate stick) is a device for applying topical medication containing silver nitrate and potassium nitrate, used to chemically cauterize skin, providing hemostasis or permanently destroying unwanted tissue such as a wart, skin tag, aphthous ulcers, or over-production of granulation tissue. Silver nitrate applicators (sticks) are firm wooden sticks with 75% silver nitrate and 25% potassium nitrate embedded on the tip. Moistening the tip sparks a chemical reaction that burns organic matter (skin), coagulates tissue, and destroys bacteria.
- Silver Nitrate On Skin: A Topical solution of Silver Nitrate (for use on the skin) is used to cauterize infected tissues around a skin wound. Silver nitrate can also help create a scab to help stop bleeding from a minor skin wound.
- Reagent: Silver Nitrate is used in the industrial preparation of other silver salts, and as a reagent in analytical chemistry.
- For Biology: In histology, silver nitrate is used for silver staining, for demonstrating reticular fibers, proteins and nucleic acids. For this reason it is also used to demonstrate proteins in PAGE gels. It can be used as a stain in scanning electron microscopy.
- Agriculture: Silver nitrate is a frequently used chemical in several areas in agriculture including control of plant growth, flowering development and dormancy. Silver nitrate promotes shoot development and plant regeneration.
- For Flowers: Silver Nitrate is used to extend the useful lifetime of commercial cut flowers.
- For Silver Plating And Electroplating
- Organic Synthesis: Silver Nitrate is used to separate mixtures of alkenes by selective absorption.
Posted On November 11, 2019
Chloroform market worldwide is projected to grow by US $1.9 Billion, driven by a compounded growth of 3.2%. Industrial Grade, one of the segments analyzed and sized in this study, displays the potential to grow at over 3%.
Where To Get Chloroform Legally Online In The USA?
Posted On November 4, 2019
Not many companies sell chloroform online in America even though there is a huge demand for this extremely useful chemical. U.S. citizens and American companies buy laboratory grade chloroform, HPLC/UV Grade Chloroform and ACS Reagent Grade chloroform online from LabAlley.com.
Where Is Chloroform Available And Who Sells Chloroform Online?
Posted On November 4, 2019
Because it is legal to buy chloroform online, many people try unsuccessfully to buy pure chloroform at Amazon, Walmart or eBay but end up ordering it from chemical supply companies like Lab Alley
Lab Alley also sells Carnoy's Solution which is a is a fixative composed of ethanol, chloroform, glacial acetic acid and ferric chloride.
Chloroform Stabilized With Ethanol And Amylene
Posted On November 4, 2019
Chloroform is unstable and is normally mixed with a small amount (0.5-1.0%) of stabilizers, such as high purity ethanol (97% to 100%) and amylene (2-methyl, 2-butane), to prevent accidents, to destroy the small amount of phosgene generated and to enhance product shelf life.
Buy Acetic Acid Online In The United States
Posted On October 18, 2019
Acetic acid has been known to humanity for many centuries. It was first discovered in the form of vinegar, when wine got spoiled by the action of bacteria. Ancient Romans cooked soured wine to produce highly sweet syrup. Since then, the importance of acetic acid in food preparation/production steadily grew.
Acetic acid, systematically named ethanoic acid, is a colourless liquid organic compound with the chemical formula CH₃COOH. It is also known as methanecarboxylic acid. When acetic acid is undiluted it is called glacial acetic acid. Acetic Acid is a synthetic carboxylic acid with antibacterial and antifungal properties. When undiluted, it is sometimes called glacial acetic acid. Vinegar is no less than 4% acetic acid by volume, making acetic acid the main component of vinegar apart from water. Vinegar is an aqueous solution of acetic acid and trace chemicals that may include flavorings.
To purify organic compounds, acetic acid is used as a solvent for recrystallization. Acetic acid is used for the manufacture of inks and dyes. Acetic acid is also used in making perfumes.
Acetic acid can be used as an antiseptic against pseudomonas, staphylococci, enterococci, streptococci and others. It is also used in cervical cancer screening. World Health Organization has listed acetic acid in its list of essential medicines. It is also used for the treatment of outer ear infections like the growth of fungus and bacteria.
Acetic acid (CH3COOH) is one of the simplest carboxylic acids. Under the IUPAC system nomenclature, the name of acetic acid is ethanoic acid.
Although most consumers are unfamiliar with acetic acid, they are extremely aware if its diluted form, vinegar, which is 4-8% acetic acid by volume. The term “glacial” is indicative of acetic acid in its anhydrous form.
Buy Laboratory Grade Glacial Acetic Acid (99%) And ACS Reagent Grade Glacial Acetic Acid (99.7%) Online In The United States
Glacial acetic acid is a name for water-free (anhydrous) acetic acid. Similar to the German name Eisessig (ice-vinegar), the name comes from the ice-like crystals that form slightly below room temperature at 16.6 °C (61.9 °F) (the presence of 0.1% water lowers its melting point by 0.2 °C). To learn the difference between acetic acid and glacial acetic acid, click here. Acetic Acid Glacial is a clear, colorless liquid with a pungent, vinegar odor. It is miscible with water, alcohol, glycerin and ether.
Buy Dimethylformamide (DMF) For Use As A Chlorophyll Extraction Solvent, Plant Extraction And Botanical Solvent
Posted On October 18, 2019
Dimethylformamide (DMF) is frequently used for chemical reactions and other applications, which require a high solvency power. Scientists have studied and analyzed the impact of different types of solvents, such as dimethylformamide (DMF), methanol, hexane, and ethyl alcohol, for the purpose of antioxidant extraction from various plants parts, such as leaves and seeds. In order to extract different phenolic compounds from plants with a high degree of accuracy, various solvents of differing polarities must be used.
Acetone and dimethylformamide mixtures are used to extract important pigments from plants such as Chlorophylls (Chl). Dimethylformamide and acetone are used to extract pigments and carotenoids, including xanthophylls, from plant tissues. Dimethylformamide is a common organic solvent used by agricultural plant scientists for pigment extraction as well as the extraction, isolation and identification of antioxidants, phytochemicals and bioactive compounds from plant extracts. methanol and ethanol are also used to extract phenolic contents from fruits.
Even though it can be difficult to do, DMF is a residual solvent that should be removed from chemical reaction mixtures that are used during botanical, plant and herbal extraction processes that produce medicinal concentrates.
How Can Exposure to Methylene Chloride Affect Human Health?
Posted On October 16, 2019
Exposure to normal environmental concentrations of methylene chloride/ dichloromethane is unlikely to damage human health. However inhalation of high concentrations (following an accidental release for example) for even short amounts of time may damage the nervous system and the heart and may also cause cancer. Inhalation of ground level ozone (in the formation of which dichloromethane is slightly involved) can exacerbate respiratory conditions such as asthma.
Buy Methylene Chloride, Dichloromethane or DCM Online In The USA
Posted On October 15th, 2019
If you have questions about ordering methylene chloride online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a methylene chloride specialist. Methylene chloride, which is also called dichloromethane or DCM, is a clear, colorless, non-flammable, volatile liquid with a chloroform-like smell.
Safe And Legal Uses Of Chloroform In The United States
Posted On October 11, 2019
- Chloroform For Personal Use As A Solvent
- For Laboratory Work
- For Chemistry Applications
- Chloroform Is Used As A Plant And Botanical Extract Solvent
- Industrial Solvent For For Gums, Fats, Resins, Elements Like Sulfur And Iodine And Many Other Organic Compounds.
- Solvent For Plant Extracts: Chloroform is an organic solvent used for the extraction, isolation and characterization of bioactive compounds from plants' extracts.
- Industrial Use Of Chloroform: Chloroform is used in many industries. It is released from pulp and paper mills, hazardous waste sites, chlorinated water, and certain landfills. Chloroform is used in some refrigerants, solvents, and chemical manufacturing.
- Reagent Use: As a reagent, chloroform serves as a source of the dichlorocarbene CCl2 group. It reacts with aqueous sodium hydroxide usually in the presence of a phase transfer catalyst to produce dichlorocarbene, CCl2. This reagent effects ortho-formylation of activated aromatic rings such as phenols, producing aryl aldehydes in a reaction known as the Reimer–Tiemann reaction. Alternatively, the carbene can be trapped by an alkene to form a cyclopropane derivative. In the Kharasch addition, chloroform forms the CHCl2 free radical in addition to alkenes.
- Solvent Use: The hydrogen attached to carbon in chloroform participates in hydrogen bonding. Worldwide, chloroform is also used in pesticide formulations, as a solvent for fats, oils, rubber, alkaloids, waxes, gutta-percha, and resins, as a cleansing agent, grain fumigant, in fire extinguishers, and in the rubber industry. CDCl3 is a common solvent used in NMR spectroscopy.
- Information From Wikipedia: Chloroform, or trichloromethane, is an organic compound with formula CHCl3. It is a colorless, sweet-smelling, dense liquid that is produced on a large scale as a precursor to PTFE. It is also a precursor to various refrigerants. It is one of the four chloromethanes and a trihalomethane. It is a powerful anesthetic, euphoriant, anxiolytic and sedative when inhaled or ingested.
- Medicinal Uses: Chloroform is also used in the extraction of antibiotics, vitamins, and flavors, owing to its solvent property. Being 40 times sweeter than sugar, and because of its pain-relieving properties, it was used in toothpaste, mouthwash, and toothache-relieving medicines.
- Laboratory Uses: Chloroform is used for the preservation of organic tissues in laboratories, such as anatomical specimens, as it prevents their decay. Chloroform has many applications in molecular biology like DNA extraction from cells, using an extraction buffer.
- Industrial Use: Chloroform is used as a heat transfer medium in fire extinguishers, where it lowers the temperature of carbon tetrachloride. Chloroform serves as an intermediate in the production of dyes and pesticides like chloropicrin, and is used as a fumigant of stored-grain crops.
- Chloroform is used as a solvent for lacquers, floor polishes, resins, adhesives, alkaloids, fats, oils and rubber. Chloroform is used in making a refrigerant called Fluorocarbon- 22 (Chlorodifluoromethane or difluoromonochloromethane). Until the mid-1900s, chloroform was used as an anesthetic to reduce pain during medical procedures.
- Organic (Phenol–Chloroform) Extraction Use: Organic (phenol–chloroform) extraction uses sodium dodecylsulfate (SDS) and proteinase K for the enzymatic digestion of proteins and nonnucleic acid cellular components. A mixture of phenol:chloroform:isoamyl alcohol is then added to promote the partitioning of lipids and cellular debris into the organic phase, leaving isolated DNA in the aqueous phase. Following centrifugation, the aqueous phase containing the purified DNA can be transferred to a clean tube for analysis.
- To learn about the social, medical and criminal history of chloroform, order the book titled "Chloroform: The Quest for Oblivion" on Amazon. Chloroform is a dangerously toxic substance.
Lab Alley Sells Organic Solvents, Green Solvents, Bio-Based Solvent Formulations, Food Grade Solvents, Natural Solvents And Bio Solvents In Bulk In The United States
Posted On October 1, 2019
Lab Alley sells organic solvents, extraction grade botanical solvents, and natural industrial solvents that are in a class of chemicals that can dissolve or disperse other chemical substances. More and more Americans are buying chemicals for personal use and they want to use green, natural and organic solvents to protect the environment and their own safety.
Buy Concentrated Chemicals, Supplies, Equipment, Dyes, Enzymes, Prepared Solutions, Reagents, Buffers, Acids, Bases And Solvents For USA Biotechnology Laboratories
Posted On September 27, 2019
Lab Alley sells supplies, acids, bases, equipment, prepared solutions, dyes, enzymes, concentrated biotech chemicals, solvents, HPLC grade and ACS grade reagents, buffers and acids used for analysis, research and production in biotechnology labs in the United States.
Biotechnology laboratories in the United States purchase organic and inorganic chemicals in bulk from Lab Alley. Biotechnology (biotech) involves the study and use of living organisms or cell processes to make useful products. Biotech chemicals and enzymes such as citric acid, nitric acid, methanol, lipase (steapsin), lactose powders, HPLC Grade acetonitrile, formic acid and 200 proof ethyl alcohol are for sale online in the USA.
Uses For Acetonitrile In The USA In 2019
Posted On September 26, 2019
- Acetonitrile For Sale Online In The USA From Lab Alley
- Fast Shipping In USA
- CAS # 75-05-8
- Chemical Formula: CH3CN
- Also Called Methyl Cyanide, Ethanenitrile, Ethanonitrile And Cyanomethane
- Solvent Used In Chromatography
- For Testing Botanical & Plant Extracts
- Used To Extract Botanical Compounds From Medicinal Plants In The USA
- Excellent Extraction Solvent For Compounds Used In Tinctures And Medicinal Oils
- Simplest Organic Nitrile
- Use Aqueous Acetonitrile Extraction For Pesticide Residue Analysis
- Use Acetonitrile Extraction To Determine The Amount Of Pesticide Residues In Foods
Posted On September 18, 2019
1 Gallon | 5 Gallon | 99% & 99.9% | Lab Grade Ethylene Glycol For Sale Online In USA | 500ml | 4x1 | ACS Reagent Grade | Uninhibited Ethylene Glycol | 55 Gallon Drum | 30% Solution | Fast Shipping In USA
Plant, Oil, Botanical And Herbal Extraction Solvents For Sale
Posted On September 16, 2019
Plant And Botanical Extraction Solvents For Sale Online In The USA | Buy Ethanol And Methanol | Order Heptane | Pentane | Ethyl Acetate | Chloroform | Acetone | Acetonitrile | Hexane | Isopropyl Alcohol | Tetrahydrofuran | Methylene Chloride
Posted On September 16, 2019
- 1 Liter
- 2.5 Liter
- 4 Liter
- Bulk 20 Liter
- USA Lab Grade Solvent
- Benzene Solvent
- Formula C6H6
- CAS # 71-43-2
- Fast Shipping In USA
35% Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide For USA Labs, Homes And Farms
Posted On September 16, 2019
Lab Alley (http://www.laballey.com) recently added 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to it's chemical line. It is diluted by Lab Alley to 34% before being shipped to customers. Hydrogen peroxide is a natural solution and commonly used for organic chemistry applications. In contrast to "Non-Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide", 35% hydrogen peroxide does not have toxic stabilizers added to the prepared aqueous solution. This is the reason it is considered "food grade". Packaging sizes available from the Texas chemical supplier are 1 gallon, 4x1 gallon cases and bulk 55 gallon drums. The rapidly growing firm also sells other concentrations of H2O2 solutions such as 3%, 6%, 10%, 30% and 32%. These solutions are available in various volumes and grades for household and commercial use. The Austin, Texas based bulk chemical supplier quickly transports 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to laboratories, factories, workshops, homes, schools, medical and wellness clinics, individual consumers and farms all across America. Caution must be exercised when handling this high concentration chemical because it can cause skin damage. Therefore, for safety reasons, consumers usually dilute 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide to weaker solutions such as 12% or lower, before they use it.
Discovered by French chemist Louis Jacques in 1818, hydrogen peroxide is now one of the most frequently used chemicals in the United States. It has numerous cosmetic uses and treats acne. You can make toothpaste with baking soda, salt and hydrogen peroxide. It has a controversial role in alternative medicine. It is an eco-friendly fruit and vegetable wash. Hydrogen peroxide solutions, such as 3%, are commonly used for cleaning around the house. Hydrogen peroxide solutions, such as 6% are used for lightening hair. Hydrogen peroxide is a great substitute for chlorine in swimming pools and hot tubs. The pale blue liquid is used to bleach wheat flour, sterilize food packages and germinate seeds. Certified 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide is used for bacterial and fungal control, and for plant/ garden/ botanical cultivation. Hydrogen Peroxide is classified as a mild disinfectant, deodorizing agent, oxidizing agent and bleaching agent and bactericidal. Ethanol and hydrogen peroxide are used extensively in botanical extraction processes. Lab Alley's line of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide is used by farmers, industrial agriculture companies and gardeners all over North America. It is purchased for pest control, treating root rot, pre-treating seeds and to boost plant growth.
Lab Alley is a bulk hydrogen peroxide e-commerce retailer, supplier, wholesaler, and distributor. Lab Alley's online chemical shop sells solvents, acids, reagents, organic chemicals, buffers, caustics, bases, prepared solutions, inorganic chemicals and laboratory supplies to business and individuals online in the USA. Because many buyers in the United States require fast shipping times, Lab Alley ships 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide the same day or next day.
“It took our team some time and planning to roll out the product offering of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide in several sizes but we are glad we did. We are happy with the sales numbers. Additionally, we are very pleased that we are solving a problem by having a high demand product with limited supply available to customers in the marketplace”, says Fred Elabed, Partner of Lab Alley LLC.
For more information about Lab Alley's line of hydrogen peroxide products, visit https://www.laballey.com/collections/hydrogen-peroxide.
Acetic Anhydride For Sale Online | Buy Purified Acetic Anhydride In Bulk From Lab Alley | CAS # 108-24-7 | Formula C4H6O3
Posted On September 16, 2019
Posted On September 12, 2019
Solvents For Concentrated Herbal Extracts | For USA Botanical/ Tincture Makers | For Sale Online | Buy 100% Alcohol: 1 Pint And 1 Gallon | Use Isopropyl Alcohol To Make Tinctures: 1 Pint/500ml & 1 Gallon | 200 Proof Food Grade Ethanol | Pure Food Grade Ethyl Alcohol For Sale Online In USA | Order Non-Denatured Ethanol To Make Concentrated Herbal Tinctures And Botanical Extracts | Purchase Tincture Grade Alcohol Make Extracts From A Plant Or Herb
Learn About Tinctures On Wikipedia
A tincture is typically an extract of plant or animal material dissolved in ethanol (ethyl alcohol). Solvent concentrations of 25–60% are common, but may run as high as 90%. In chemistry, a tincture is a solution that has ethanol as its solvent. In herbal medicine, alcoholic tinctures are made with various ethanol concentrations, 20% being the most common.
Other solvents for producing tinctures include vinegar, glycerol (also called glycerin), diethyl ether and propylene glycol, not all of which can be used for internal consumption. Ethanol has the advantage of being an excellent solvent for both acidic and basic (alkaline) constituents. A tincture using glycerine is called a glycerite. Glycerine is generally a poorer solvent than ethanol. Vinegar, being acidic, is a better solvent for obtaining alkaloids but a poorer solvent for acidic components. For individuals who choose not to ingest alcohol, non-alcoholic extracts offer an alternative for preparations meant to be taken internally.
Learn About Extracts From Wikipedia
An extract is a substance made by extracting a part of a raw material, often by using a solvent such as ethanol or water. Extracts may be sold as tinctures, absolutes or in powder form. The aromatic principles of many spices, nuts, herbs, fruits, etc., and some flowers, are marketed as extracts, among the best known of true extracts being almond, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, lemon, nutmeg, orange, peppermint, pistachio, rose, spearmint, vanilla, violet, rum, and wintergreen.
A plant extract is a substance or an active with desirable properties that is removed from the tissue of a plant, usually by treating it with a solvent, to be used for a particular purpose. Extracts may be used in various sectors of activities : Food and functional properties for foodstuffs (antioxidant, texturizer, etc…), Processing aids, additives – chemical replacers, pharmaceutical for therapeutic properties - preventive and/or curative – cosmetic for functional properties for beauty and well-being, etc..
Substance And Mixtures For Use In Chemical Analysis Or Other Reactions
Posted on September 11, 2019
- ACS Reagent Chemicals
- USP - NF Reagents
- Reagent Grades
- Chemical Reagents
- Cleaning Reagents
- Chemistry Reagents
- Diagnostic Reagents
- Pathology Lab Reagents
- Organic Chemistry Reagents
Buy Reagents Online From Lab Alley
- Prices For Chemical Compounds For Science Labs, Homes And Farms In The USA Start >
- Hydrochloric Acid 37% 30ml >
- Nitric Acid 67% 500ml >
- Lab Grade Chloroform 100ml >
- Buy Hydrogen Peroxide For Fenton's Reagent
- Buy Magnesium Metal For Grignard Reagent 100g >
- Chemical Grades: ACS, Laboratory, USP-NF, Technical And HPLC
- Analytical Reagents For Sale Online
- Common Reagents: Collins Reagent | Fenton's Reagent | Grignard Reagent
- List Of Reagents >
- Fast Shipping In The United States Of Reagents >
- Information On ACS Reagent Chemicals From The American Chemical Society (ACS) >
USA Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide Uses And Warnings
Posted On September 9, 2019
Buy Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide | 32% | 34% | 35% | 1 Pint | 1 Gal | Bulk 55 Gallon Drums | H202 Uses And Warnings | Side Effects And Interactions | For USA Homes, Farms, Science Labs, Clinics & Botanical Extraction Facilities | Wholesale Supplier | How To Dilute Food Grade Hydrogen Peroxide
Where To Buy ACS Reagent Grade Petroleum Ether For Analytical, Laboratory, Home, Organic Chemistry, Personal And Scientific Use In The United States
Buy Ethanol For USA Botanical Extraction And Processing Operations | 1 Gallon | Bulk 55 Gallon Drum
Posted On September 9, 2019
Ethanol Is Great For Botanical Extraction | Buy For USA Home & Personal Use, Botanical Farms & Botanical Businesses | 1 Pint | 1 Gal | 5 Gal | Bulk 55 Gal Drum | Food Grade Ethanol (200 Proof) Is Safe For USA Botanical Extraction And Processing Operations
Buy Diethyl Ether For Sale Online In The USA | Uses | Hazards | Safety | Pharmacology | Legality | For Herpes
Posted On September 9, 2019
- Diethyl Ether | 500ml | 1L | ACS Reagent Grade | 99+%
- Buy Diethyl Ether | 16 oz | 33 oz | USA ACS Grade | 99+%
Diethyl Ether Metric To USA Unit Volume Conversions:
- 500ml Bottle = 16.9 Ounces
- 1 Liter Bottle = 33.8 Ounces
- 2.5 Liter Bottle = 84.5 Ounces/ 0.66 Gallons
- 4 Liter Bottle Of Diethyl Ether = 1.06 Gallon/ 135.25 Ounces
- Diethyl Ether Boiling Point: 94.28°F
- Diethyl Ether Molar Mass: 74.12 g/mol
- Diethyl Ether Density: 713 kg/m³
- Diethyl Ether Density vs Water: Diethyl ether is a common laboratory aprotic solvent. It has limited solubility in water (6.05 g/100 ml at 25 °C) and dissolves 1.5 g/100 g (1.0 g/100 ml) water at 25 °C. ... When used with an aqueous solution, the diethyl ether layer is on top as it has a lower density than the water.
- Diethyl Ether Melting Point: -177.3°F
Diethyl Ether (Ethyl Ether) Product Summary
Buy Diethyl Ether (Ethyl Ether) | 99% | Diethyl Ether Structure | Formula (C2H5)2O | For Sale Online | USA Diethyl Ether Prices | 500ml | 1 Liter | 2.5 Liter | 4 Liter | ACS Reagent Grade | Anhydrous (No Water) | Diethyl Ether Uses For Photographic Applications, General Anesthetic And Laboratory Aprotic Solvent | Non-Polar Solvent In Liquid-Liquid Extraction | Common Laboratory Solvent Involving Organometallic Reagents | Unapproved Uses | Diethyl Ether Pharmacology | Diethyl Ether EROWID | Legality | Hazards | How To Make Diethyl Ether | Diethyl Ether For Herpes
Hydroquinone Powder | 99+% Purity | For Cosmetic Bleaching Creams And Gels | Buy Hydroquinone Online
Posted On September 9, 2019
Buy Pure Hydroquinone Powder To Make Cosmetic Bleaching Creams And Gels
Buy Ethanolamine | 500ml | 1 Liter | ACS Reagent ≥99.0%
Posted On September 9, 2019
Buy Pure Ethanolamine | 500ml Bottle | 1 Liter Bottle | For Sale Online | ACS Reagent | SDS | ≥99.0% | C2H7NO | 2-Aminoethanol | MEA | Monoethanolamine | CAS 141-43-5 | NH2CH2CH2OH | MEA Is A Base (Not An Acid) That Reacts With Organic Acids | Fast USA Shipping | For Aqueous Buffer Solutions | Feedstock For Organic Chemistry
Legal Chloroform Is Used All Across America As A Solvent And Chemical Reagent
Posted On September 6, 2019
Chloroform was formerly used as an inhaled anesthetic during surgery, however, the main use of chloroform in USA industry is as a solvent. Around the glove, chloroform is also used in pesticide formulations, as a solvent for fats, oils, rubber, alkaloids, waxes, and resins, as a cleansing agent, grain fumigant, in fire extinguishers, and in the rubber industry. It is used as a solvent in organic chemistry, in photography and in making dyes, drugs and pesticides.
It is not illegal to have laboratory grade chloroform in America. According to U.S. regulations, it is legal to buy chloroform online from Lab Alley. Chloroform should be used with extreme caution because it can be harmful and fatal in someone is exposed to extremely large doses for an extended period of time.
As of September of 2019, most of the chloroform sold by Lab Alley in the United States is used in homes, pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities and laboratories to manufacture botanical oils, nutritional and dietary supplements and other chemicals. Chloroform-assisted phenol extraction is a popular application of chloroform in the USA. It is useful for the extraction, separation and purification of alkaloids of pharmaceutical importance from plant materials . It is also a reagent for certain chemical reactions.
Buy Organic Food Grade MCT Oil And Fractionated Coconut Oil Online Here Or By Phone: 512-668-9918
Posted On September 5, 2019
If you have questions about ordering organic food grade MCT oil and fractionated coconut oil online here at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with an MCT oil specialist.
Buy Standard MCT Oil Online In The USA | For Botanical Tinctures | Use For Keto Diets | Great Ingredient For Food Products | Carrier Oil In E-Liquids And Vape Juice
Organic Food Grade MCT Oil And Fractionated Coconut Oil Product Summary
Buy Pure MCT Oil | 1 Gallon | 5 Gallon | 55 Gallon Drum | 100% Organic Food Grade | Healthy Natural Fat For Sale Online In USA | Best MCT Oil For Keto Diets | For Botanical Tincture, Nutritional Supplement And Herbal Oil Manufacturers | For E-Liquids And Vape Juice | USP/FCC Grade | Fractionated Coconut Oil Is Edible | Wholesale Prices | Fast Shipping
Fractionated coconut oil is a natural and healthy fat. Fractionated coconut oil is produced through a process called heating process called fractionation which separates the oil from the liquid. It is used in many different industries like vape oil manufacturing, food/drink/nutritional supplement manufacturing, cosmetic manufacturing and aromatherapy product manufacturing. All these different industries use fractionated coconut oil. Which is exactly what it sounds like, it is a fraction of the coconut oil. This means that it is mainly only medium-chain triglycerides instead of the long chain triglycerides that are found in coconut oil. By using the fractionated coconut oil, it is a saturated oil and can be used in many beneficial ways. MCT oil is tasteless and odorless so it is used frequently as solvents for flavors, oral medicine and vitamins.
Buy Hydrogen Peroxide 30% | ACS Reagent Grade | Used To Prepare Lab Solutions
Posted On September 5, 2019
Posted On September 4, 2019
Xylene For Sale | 1 Gallon | 5 Gallon | Buy Online In USA | Solvent For Cleaning Tools And Equipment | Formula C8H10 | CAS 1330-20-7
Buy Propylene Glycol | 1 Quart | 1 Gallon | 5 Gallon
Posted On September 4, 2019
Buy Propylene Glycol | For Sale Online | PG And VG For E-Cigarettes, E-Liquids | USA Food Grade | 1 Quart | Dilute Nicotine | 1 Gallon | For Animal Health In USA | Bulk 5 Gallon | ACS/USP | Wholesale 55 Gallon Drum | 1 Liter | E-Juice And Vape Juice | Sale Online In The USA | Buy Vegetable Glycerin | Base/ Carrier Oil | Fast Shipping
Buy Isopropyl Alcohol For QWISO And Botanical Extractions Online Here
Posted On September 4, 2019
Use Lab Alley's Online Store To Shop For Lab Chemicals, Household Chemicals, School Chemicals, Industrial Chemicals, Solvents, Solutions, Acids, Bases, Buffers, Caustics, Salts, Production Chemicals, Research Chemicals, Science Chemicals and Agricultural Chemicals
Posted on September 2, 2019
Buy chemicals for science laboratories, homes and schools in the United States. Lab, research and science chemicals are for sale in bulk from Lab Alley at low prices. Order chemicals online in the U.S. from Lab Alley. Buy laboratory grade chemicals for reactions. Purchase chemicals for students and teachers. Order products online, via phone / fax, and email. Shop online for different brands and grades of lab chemicals, unique laboratory reagents, production chemicals, industrial supplies, research chemicals and science experiment chemicals from a wide selection at discounted prices.
- Buy hydrogen peroxide and potassium iodide for chemistry experiments.
- Buy nitric acid for experiments with copper.
- Buy hydrochloric acid and sulfuric acid for school laboratories.
- Buy organic and inorganic chemicals used in high school chemistry labs.
- Instead of mixing and measuring, buy prepared solutions for introductory and advanced college chemistry.
- Buy pharmaceutical-grade compounds (PGC), active or inactive drugs, biologic or reagents with established chemical purities from Lab Alley.
- Buy chemicals to outfit any type of lab. Order chemicals for an analytical and quality laboratory, biosafety laboratory, cleanroom, clinical laboratory, hospital laboratory, academic laboratory, medical laboratory, incubator laboratory, production laboratory, chemistry lab or research and development laboratory.
- Buy equipment for your laboratory.
- Buy lab supplies online in the USA.
- Contact Lab Alley for detailed information on ordering chemicals, terms and conditions.
25% TCA Chemical Skin Peel | Cosmetic Grade Trichloroacetic Acid | 25% Solution | In Deionized Water (DI Water)
Posted On August 30, 2019
Where To Buy 25% TCA Chemical Skin Peel | For Sale Online In USA | 500ml (16.9 Ounces) | 1 Liter (33.8 Ounces) | Bulk 4 Liter (1.06 Gallons) | Chemical Peeling With 25% Trichloroacetic Acid | Results | Benefits | For Dermatologists | For Skin Care Products | TCA Chemical Peel For Cosmetic Use | Technical Grade/ Pharmaceutical Grade Trichloroacetic Acid | For DIY Use At Home | For Sensitive Skin And Oily Skin | Acid Peel For Face And Hands | TCA’s Safety For Patients And Practitioners | Buy Chemical Peel Products | TCA Peel Ingredients Are 75% Distilled Water And 25% Trichloracetic Acid | 25% (w/v) Aqueous Solution | In Deionized Water (DI Water) | Medical Grade | Fast Shipping In USA | Neutralize With Baking Soda | Benefits | Instructions | Aftercare | Reduce Acne Scars | Reduce Wrinkles | Reduce Hyperpigmentation | Reduce Sun Damage | Warnings | For Acne Scars
Trichloroacetic Acid is synthesized by the reaction of chlorine with acetic acid in the presence of a suitable catalyst or by the oxidation of trichloroacetaldehyde.
Buy Triacetin Online In USA | 100ml | 500ml | Laboratory Grade | C9H14O6
Posted On August 29, 2019
Triacetin is a triglyceride obtained by acetylation of the three hydroxy groups of glycerol. It has fungistatic properties (based on release of acetic acid) and has been used in the topical treatment of minor dermatophyte infections. It has a role as a plant metabolite, a solvent, a fuel additive, an adjuvant, a food additive carrier, a food emulsifier, a food humectant and an antifungal drug. It derives from an acetic acid. Triacetin is found in fruits. Triacetin is a flavouring agent, adjuvant; formulation aid, humectant, solvent and vehicle. Triacetin is present in papaya. It is a triglyceride that is used as an antifungal agent.
It is an artificial chemical compound, commonly used as a food additive, for instance as a solvent in flavorings, and for its humectant function. It is used as an excipient in pharmaceutical products, where it is used as a humectant, a plasticizer, and as a solvent. Triacetin can also be used as a fuel additive as an antiknock agent which can reduce engine knocking in gasoline, and to improve cold and viscosity properties of biodiesel. It has been considered as a possible source of food energy in artificial food regeneration systems on long space missions. It is believed to be safe to get over half of one's dietary energy from triacetin.
Triacetin (C9H14O6), also known as glyceryl triacetate, is pharmaceutical excipient used in manufacturing of capsules and tablets, and has been used as a humectant, plasticizer, and solvent. It is a liquid, and has been approved by the FDA as a food additive.
Triacetin was affirmed as a generally recognized as safe (GRAS) human food ingredient by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Triacetin was not toxic to animals in acute oral or dermal exposures, nor was it toxic in short-term inhalation or parenteral studies, and subchronic feeding and inhalation studies.
Triacetin is readily soluble in aromatic hydrocarbons and most organic solvents. It is insoluble in aliphatic hydrocarbons, mineral oils, and vegetable and animal oils. Solubility in water is low.
It has been used for over 75 years for a wide range of uses, including cosmetic biocide (most often as a fungicide), plasticizer, solvent in cosmetic formulas, food additive (as a flavoring agent and adjuvant), and as a binder for combustible material in solid-rocket propellants. It is a colorless, oily liquid that, although is most often synthesized, can be found naturally in cod-liver oil, butter, and other fats.
It is pharmaceutical excipient used in manufacturing of capsules and tablets, and has been used as a humectant, plasticizer, and solvent. It is a liquid, and has been approved by the FDA as a food additive. Triacetin is a water-soluble short-chain triglyceride that may also have a role as a parenteral nutrient according to animal studies. It is also used in the perfume and cosmetic industries.
Buy Propylene Glycol (C5H12) Online Here Or By Phone
Posted On August 20, 2019
If you have questions about ordering propylene glycol online at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with a Propylene Glycol Specialist.
Propylene Glycol | 99.5% | ACS/ USP/ NF/ Kosher Grade Online
Propylene Glycol | 99.5% | ACS/ USP/ NF Grade/ Kosher
Propylene Glycol | 99.5% | FFC
Propylene Glycol | 60% | DI Water
Propylene Glycol | 65% | USP/ DI Water
Laballey.com | Powering Science, Industry, Medicine, Research And Individuals In The United States
Posted On August 17, 2019
- Lab Alley is a chemical supplier that sells to individual buyers in the United States.
- Lab Alley sells chemical substances to industrial plants and processing facilities.
- Lab Alley sells organic and inorganic chemicals to farms and agricultural facilities.
- Lab Alley sells analytical reagents to medical laboratories and medicine manufacturing firms.
- Lab Alley sells chemicals to testing laboratories.
- Lab Alley sells chemicals to small, private businesses located all across the country.
- Lab Alley sells chemicals to U.S. production facilities.
- Lab Alley sells research chemicals and lab chemicals to schools and instructors for science experiments and demonstrations.
Your Guide to Ethanol Extraction
Published on July 11, 2018
Posted on August 15, 2019
Ethanol extraction is a thriving business. Although the market is becoming more saturated which is driving down prices it is still a profitable business. Ethanol is a colorless volatile flammable liquid used as a solvent. The FDA classifies ethanol as a class 3 solvent with low risk for acute or chronic toxicity. Ethanol extraction can be conducted under warm or cold conditions. The warm approach is usually completed for small batches, but it is time efficient. The cold or room temperature approach is common because it allows for the retention of acid. Ethanol extraction can be done as expensively or inexpensively as the manufacturer wishes. Ethanol for botanical extraction is for sale at lab alley.
Published on Eden Labs LLC
Posted on August 15, 2019
There are four extraction methods Eden labs will discuss. The reflux method utilizes a basket of herbs that is suspended beneath an inverted condenser. The solvent is placed in the bottom of the distiller and is vaporized through heat or vacuum. Next, the cold wash ethanol method is said to be ideal for botanical extraction. A spray head is attached to the bottom of the condenser, it is connected to a pumping system. A solvent is then sprayed over the basket and it soaks through taking the extract to the bottom of the distiller. This acts like a traditional coffee maker. Next is the stirred reactor, in this method of botanical extraction. A pot of liquid herbs is stirred and heated in order to release the chemicals in the plant. The finished extract is pumped out of the tank. Another method is the percolator method. The herb is placed in a column and solvent is filtered gradually through the surface. This allows gravity to do the work. All the different extraction methods use a solvent to extract the herbs, a common solvent used is ethanol. Lab alley has ethanol for botanical extraction for sale. They have fast shipping in the USA.
Why Ethanol Works so Well for Botanical Extraction
Published on August 31, 2016
Posted on August 15, 2019
The botanical industry used two main types of solvents to extract herbal solutions; butane and supercritical CO2. But high-quality producers of herbal extracts have begun using ethanol instead. Some believe that ethanol is the overall best solvent for botanical extraction. Ethanol is said to be as safe as CO2 but also as efficient as butane. Ethanol is considered generally safe by the FDA, so it is approved for human consumption. The ethanol that is removed from the finished concentrate can be reused multiple times This helps eliminate chemical waste. Lab Alley sells ethanol for extraction, they have fast shipping in the USA.
Choosing the Right botanical Extraction Method
Published October 30, 2018
Posted on August 15, 2019
Choosing the “right” extraction method depends on what you hope to accomplish. There is no perfect method, it all depends what is important to you. Do you want to focus on safety? Do you need to produce a large quantity? Is time a factor? All these things go into choosing which method will be best for you. In CO2 extraction, carbon dioxide is pressurized in metal tanks until it becomes supercritical fluid, then the fluid pulls out the desirable compounds from the flower. Hydrocarbon extraction uses butane as a solvent. It is passed through raw plant matter to collect extracts. Ethanol extraction is done by soaking raw plant material in ethanol to pull trichomes into the solvent. The liquid is filtered, and the alcohol is purged. If you want to order ethanol for extraction, lab alley has it for sale now. They offer fast shipping in the USA.
Buy Pentane (C5H12) Online Here Or By Phone
Posted On August 15, 2019
If you have questions about ordering pentane (n-pentane) online at LabAlley.com or would like to place an order, call 512-668-9918 or email email@example.com to talk with a Pentane Specialist.
Buy Propylene Glycol For Sale Online In USA
Posted on August 14, 2019
1 Liter | 1 Gallon | 5 Gallon | Bulk 55 Gallon Drums | Kosher Grade | C3H8O2 | ACS/USP/NF Grade | For Cosmetics & Pharmacology | For Vape Pens | For Food Processing
Ethanol Heptane Blend For Sale Online In The USA | For Botanical and Plant Extracts
Posted On August 6, 2019
Buy Potassium Nitrate (Saltpeter) For Sale Online In USA
Posted On August 6, 2019
Prices | 500 Grams | 2.5 kg | 25 kg | USP/ FCC Grade | 100g | 10 kg | 100 kg | For Fertilizer | Industrial And Scientific Lab Chemicals | Formula: KNO3 | CAS # 7757-79-1
Posted on July 29, 2019
70% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol (Antiseptic) 1 Gallon - 5 Gal | 99.5% 500ml & 4 Liter | 99.9% Anhydrous | 91% 500ml | 55 Gallon Drums | 40% Solution For Sale In Bulk | IPA/Isopropanol/2-Propanol | Antibacterial Disinfectant | Antimicrobial Against Fungi, Viruses And Bacteria | ACS & USP Grade | CAS # 67-63-0
ORDER TINCTURE GRADE ALCOHOL (140, 190 And 200 Proof)
Posted on July 26, 2019
- Buy High Proof Alcohol For Herbal Tinctures And Extracts >
- Buy Low Solvent Concentrations Of Alcohol For Botanical Oil Infusions And Medicinal Tincture Production >
Posted On July 24, 2019
Many tincture manufacturers in the United States use alcohol (ethanol/ ethyl alcohol) to make herbal tinctures. They dilute high-proof alcohol such as grain alcohol, 190 proof ethanol or 200 proof food grade alcohol to use in herbal tinctures. Tinctures sold in retail stores and online in the United States come in small bottles that normally include a long stem glass pipette used to measure out drops. Medicinal supplement manufacturers by "Tincture Grade Alcohol" from Lab Alley to make herbal oil supplements in a liquid form. Most of these nutritional or medicinal oils are derived from culinary herbs such as oregano.
Tinctures produced in the USA using high proof ethyl alcohol may contain extracts form a single root, tree bark, culinary herb or medicinal plant. Sometimes a combination of bioactive compounds are extracted from different plant species to manufacture nutraceuticals and adaptogenic tinctures. Extracts, botanical oil infusions and botanical macerations obtained from plants by using solvents such as "tincture grade alcohol" are blended with carrier oils (digestible oils and indigestible oils) such as coconut oil, fish oil and olive oil and then packaged in small amber glass bottles. People make tinctures at home for their own health benefits and personal wellness. Tinctures made with alcohol are also manufactured commercially in the USA for sale to consumers in retail health food stores, nutritional centers and vitamin shops. Liquid herbal extracts are becoming very popular in America. To learn more about purchasing alcohol for tinctures, click here.
Buy n-Heptane For Botanical Extraction >
Posted on July 23, 2019
n-Heptane is safe for botanical extraction and processing. Denatured ethanol with n-heptane is used by botanical cultivation facilities in the U.S. Lab Alley sells 200 proof food grade ethanol (95%) completely denatured with n-heptane (5%). Lab Alley sells an extremely pure (99.9%) version of n-heptane.
Buy Nitric Acid Solution 70% | ACS Reagent Grade | Nitric Acid Concentrate For Sale Online | Use For Nitration | CAS 7697-37-2
Posted On July 22, 2019
How 200 Proof Ethanol Completely Denatured With Heptane Is Used In U.S. Botanical Industries
Posted On July 21, 2019
Ethanol denatured with heptane is a high purity extraction grade. Ethanol and n-heptane are non-polar solvents. This extraction solvent is ideal the production of "crude botanical extracts". Crude extract is an unprocessed material that must be refined by Botanical processors to produce final products sold to dispensaries and consumers. Crude extracts are produced using ethanol extraction or CO2 extraction. End products such as vape pens and edibles have varying extraction requirements. Note that heptane should be purged from final Botanical products and crude botanical extracts.
Heptane is used in the USA to dissolve or remove waxes/ lipids during the extraction process. Because heptane is nonpolar it is a good solvent for extraction. Heptane’s boiling point is around 209°F, so it is important to properly purge the heptane before consumption. When processing botanical extract the first step is to dry it out and then soak it in the solvent until it dissolves. Then the botanical extract can be collected from the solvent. Next is the purging process, because hexane is not pressurized the purging process may take longer than using ethanol denatured with hexane. But using heptane as a solvent has its benefits. It creates a more potent and flavorful botanical oil. Lab Alley provides fast shipping in the USA. Heptane is also used to remove botanical resin concentrates, as a "wash" for butane hash oil/ butane honey oil (BHO) products and for recrystallization processes.
Butane Hash Oil, or BHO, is a botanical concentrate (extract) produced using butane as a solvent. Because of its effectiveness, pricing over CO2 extraction and purity - butane hash oil extraction is a popular process for manufacturing botanical concentrates in the United States. Consumers in the USA purchase vape pens that contain botanical concentrates which are evaporated during the inhalation process.
Buy High Purity Ethanol Denatured With Heptane (95% Ethanol 5% n-Heptane) Extraction Grade For Botaniacal Extraction, Refining And Processing
Buy Formaldehyde 37% Solution Online
Posted on July 17, 2019
4 Liter | 500 ml | 5 Gallon | Order Online | Fast USA Shipping | CAS 50-00-0 | For Organic Chemistry | Disinfectant To Kill Bacteria, Parasites and Fungi | Identify Alkaloids | For Drug Testing | For Photography | For Resin Production
Buy Ethyl Acetate For Sale Online In The U.S.
Posted On July 17, 2019
99.5% | ACS Grade | USP Grade | HPLC Grade | For Laboratory Analytics | For Botanical Extraction, Testing And Processing Facilities
Solvents Sold By Lab Alley For Botanical Testing And Analysis
Posted on July 16, 2019
Testing firms in the U.S. check for microbial contaminants and heavy metals in botanical products. Testing laboratories in the USA check for the presence of mycotoxins caused by molds, perform pesticide residue analysis and screening, perform residual solvent analysis and use infrared analysis to verify the potency of botanical extract products.
HPLC testing labs in the USA buy solvents (polar, non-polar and medium-polarity) and solutions from Lab Alley such as phosphoric acid 30% solution, acetone, ethyl acetate (for HPLC mobile phase testing), HPLC grade chloroform, ACS grade diethyl ether (ether), heptane, hexane, ethyl acetate, methanol, pentane, HPLC grade acetonitrile and ethanol. For more information on HPLC/ UV bioanalysis methodologies, click here.
Solvents For Botanical Analysis, Testing, Extraction, Processing And Refining
Posted On July 16, 2019
In the USA Botanical industry solvents like ethanol are used to produce botanical oils from plant materials. Ethanol can be reclaimed and reused and/ or evaporated off. Botanical extraction and processing facilities in the United States buy high purity liquid solvents from Lab Alley to separate and collect specific molecules from plant material.
Lab Alley sells ethanol, pentane, hexane, heptane, isopropyl alcohol, methanol, acetone, chloroform, denatured alcohol, food grade ethanol, extraction grade ethanol, hydrogen peroxide, MCT oil, methylene chloride, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, acetonitrile and other chemicals that are used in the expanding national botanical industry.
Buy Extraction Grade Ethanol For Botanical Processing In The USA | Fast Shipping
Posted On July 11, 2019
ORDER FOOD GRADE ETHANOL ONLINE | 200 PROOF ETHANOL BY QUANTITY OR VOLUME | PURE | NON-DENATURED | 100% ETHYL ALCOHOL | ABSOLUTE ALCOHOL | FAST SHIPPING IN THE USA
Federal excise tax and HAZMAT fees are required. No permit required.
Buy Certified Organic MCT Oil In Bulk 55 Gallon Drums | Food Grade MCT Oil Wholesale | Fractionated MCT Carrier Oil For Vape Pens | For Sale Online In The USA | Buy MCT Oil Wholesale | Fast Shipping
Posted on July 10, 2019
Buy Chemicals And Solvents For The USA Botanical Extraction And Processing Industry In The USA | For Oil Extraction | Compliant With ACS, USP, HPLC And ISO Standards
Posted On July 10, 2019
- Buy Ethylene Glycol For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Propylene Glycol For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Acetonitrile For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Petroleum Ether For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Hydrogen Peroxide For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy Methylene Chloride (Dichloromethane or DCM) For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
- Buy MCT Oil For Botanical Extraction And Processing >
What Is Hexane Used For In The Botanical Processing and Extraction Industry?
Posted on July 10, 2019
Hexane can be used as a solvent and a wash in the botanical extraction process. n-Hexane is used to extract oil and other compounds from plant material. Hexane is used to remove chlorophyll from plant materials and extracts. The hexane extraction is a process frequently used in food industry and soyfood processing. Hexane is a popular solvent for extraction of oils, chlorophyll, bioactive compounds and other constituents of plant foods. Hexane removes undesirable constituents from plant foods and solutions. Buy hexane for botanical oil extraction from Lab Alley online in the USA. In solvent extraction, n-hexane is used as a solvent for its attributes such as simple recovery, non-polar nature, low latent heat of vaporization (330 kJ/kg) and high selectivity to solvents. Hexane has been widely used for oil extraction because of easy oil recovery, narrow boiling point (63–69 °C) and excellent solubilizing ability.
It is important to understand the safety and efficiency of various extraction methods. Hexane is highly flammable and explosive. It is important to use hexane in the correct environment and take the necessary safety precautions. Hexane should be used in a well-ventilated area or outside. People use hexane to produce a final product that is much more potent than the original herb. When using hexane for botanical processing it allows the user to isolate more desirable compounds than the herb provides freshly harvested. The purpose of using hexane or other solvents such as ethanol, pentane or hexane are to reduce the plant in solution then remove the chemicals. If done incorrectly the herbal oil and compounds can remain full of chemicals that could be harmful to the human body. In order to purge hexane from the finished product there are two options; heat and vacuum using thin film techniques or washing it in food grade ethanol. Hexane is ideal for dissolving the waxes and lipids during the extraction process. It is important to use a good grade of hexane or distill the hexane before using it for the extraction. This will produce better results in the end. You can purchase hexane for botanical processing and extraction at Lab Ally.
Hexane For Sale Online In The USA
Posted on July 9, 2019
Non-polar solvents such as hexane are used for botanical extraction in the medical industry. Some medical polishing applications require greater purity and potency, so it is desirable to remove inactive ingredients like fats, lipids, and plant waxes, as well as any chlorophyll and other water solubles by using hexane to re-dissolve and filter compounds extracted from plants. For more information on polishing extracts, click here. Ethanol is also used in extraction processes. 95% HPLC Reagent grade hexane is used, along with water, to clean up or "wash" an alcohol extraction. Hexane must be evaporated, purged or scrubbed from herbal extractions for health and safety reasons.
Buy Bulk Heptane For Sale | 5 Gallon | 55 Gallon Drum
Posted On June 28, 2019
- Heptane For Sale In 5 Gallon Metal Pails
- Buy Bulk Heptane For Sale In 55 Gallon Drums
- Buy Ethanol Denatured With Heptane In 55 Gallon Drums
- Heptane For Industrial Botanical Processing Facilities | 55 Gallon Drum
Heptane, ethanol and hexane are used by industrial botanical extraction facilities and botanical processing facilities in the USA. Some botanical extraction equipment used at these facilities are compatible with ethanol, heptane and hexane. Heptane in 55 gallon drums are sold online by Lab Alley and are used by large scale industrial agri-processing facilities.
Where Labs And Botanical Processing Facilities Buy ACS Reagent Grade Methanol And HPLC Grade Methanol Online In The USA
Posted on June 26, 2019
FAST SHIPPING IN THE USA | ACS REAGENT GRADE METHANOL FOR SALE IN BULK | FOR LABORATORIES | FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS | FOR CHEMICAL SYNTHESIS | FOR PLANT MATTER EXTRACTION | FOR BOTANICAL PROCESSING
Methanol For Botanical Extraction
Posted on June 26, 2019
High purity methanol sold by Lab Alley is used by botanical processing facilities in the United States as an efficient extraction solvent. Methanol is one of the most efficient extraction solvents for determining the potency of medical solutions. Methanol is also used by botanical processing facilities and farms in the USA. Many growers consider methanol to be an ideal solvent for herbal oil extraction. Mixtures of chloroform and methanol are used to analyze plant matter.
Where To Buy LC-MS Grade Methanol Online In The USA
Posted on June 25, 2019
LC-MS Grade Methanol (> 99.9%) sold by Lab Alley online is a high purity solvent with very low metals content. Buy LC-MS Grade Methanol for liquid chromatography–mass spectrometry (LC-MS) analysis. Typical solvents utilized in LC-MS include water, acetonitrile, methanol, isopropanol or n-propanol. LC-MS is an analytical chemistry technique that combines the physical separation capabilities of liquid chromatography with the mass analysis capabilities of mass spectrometry. LC-MS Grade Methanol and acetonitrilie are used to prepare solutions used for analysis by LC-MS. LC-MS systems facilitate the analysis of samples that traditionally have been difficult to analyze. Lab Alley provides fast shipping of LC-MC Grade Methanol to laboratories and research facilities in the USA.
Where To Buy Methanol Online In The USA
Posted June 25, 2019
Methanol For Sale | Buy Methanol In 4 Liter Bottles | Order ACS Reagent And HPLC Grade Methyl Alcohol Online | ≥99.8% | Buy In Bulk | Fast Next Day Shipping In The USA
Buy Methanol ACS Reagent Grade Online
Methanol For Sale | ACS Reagent Grade | ≥99.8% | 1 Gallon
Buy Methanol HPLC Grade And CG Grade Online
For High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) And Gas Chromatography (GC)
Buy Anhydrous Methanol
Purity 99.8% | Fast USA Shipping | CAS Number: 67-56-1 | ACS Reagent Grade | For Sale Online | Anhydrous Methanol Contains No Water | Methanol For Chemical Reactions | For Organic And Analytical Chemistry | Transform Organic Substances | For Solvent Screening | For Transformation And Characterization Of Synthetic Polymers | Anhydrous Solvent Information | Methanol Purity Grades
Buy Methanol HPLC Grade
Methanol HPLC Grade | Gradient Grade | 1 Gallon
Buy Methanol | Pesticide Residue Grade For Sale
Order methanol for pesticide residue analysis of plants, fruits and vegetables.
Buy Methanol Pesticide Residue Grade | 4 Liter Bottle
Buy Ethanol Denatured With Methanol
- 1 Pint Of Ethanol Denatured With Methanol
- 1 Quart Of Ethanol Denatured With Methanol
- 1 Gallon Of Ethanol Denatured With Methanol
- 5 Gallon Pail Of Ethanol Denatured With Methanol
- 55 Gallon Drum Of Ethanol Denatured With Methanol
Methanol For Plant Extraction
Methanol is a good solvent to use to extract and identify the constituents of plants due to its polarity. It can extract both lipophilic and hydrophilic molecules or substances.
Methanol Uses In The USA
Methanol is used to remove and extract terpenes, tannins, alkaloids, glycosides, lignans, terpinoids from plants. It is used to extract bio-active, phenolic and polar compounds from medicinal plants. Methanol is easily evaporated. Methanol is a high purity solvent. Methanol is used to manufacture herbal solutions. Methanol is used in research and testing laboratories for phytochemical study, phytochemical analysis and chemical synthesis. Methanol is used to prepare methanol/water/acetic acid mixtures.
Buy Benzene Solvents
Benzene is an organic chemical compound with the chemical formula C6H6. Benzene is a colorless, flammable liquid with a sweet odor.
Benzene is among the 20 most widely used chemicals in the United States. Click here to buy benzene solvents.
Buy Solvents For Extraction
Solvents such as hexane are used for extraction purposes. Also known as n-Hexane, this chemical is a petroleum distillate made from crude oil, is used to purge or wash plant materials such as seeds to release oils. n-Hexane, sold by Lab Alley is used in industrial facilities and laboratories in the United States.
Buy Hexane For Oil Extraction Facilities In The USA
Hexane is frequently mixed with other chemical liquid solvents such as ethanol to extract vegetable oil and canola oil from crops such as soybeans. Manufacturing facilities in the USA buy hexane for oil extraction from Lab Alley. Soybean oil is produced from hexane sold by Lab Alley. Hexane is one of the most popular solvents used in food science systems that extract nutraceuticals from plants, seeds and flowers. In 2019, the conventional technology used for oil extraction from oilseeds is by solvent extraction. In solvent extraction, n-hexane is used as a solvent for its attributes such as simple recovery, non-polar nature, low latent heat of vaporization (330 kJ/kg) and high selectivity to solvents. Hexane purchased from Lab Alley is used by biodiesel producers in the USA to extract oil (lipids) from microalgae.
Solutions such as Methanol/Ammonia/Water‐Hexane are used to extract glucosinolates from mustard seeds. Hexane, a non-polar solvent is used to extract oils from oilseeds, flaxseed, dried and cured organically grown fresh herbs and seeds. It is commonly used for pharmaceuticals and food processing.
Buy Hexane For Use In Food And Science Laboratories In America
The term “hexanes” (CAS 110-54-3) is a hydrocarbon distillation fraction that contains a mixture of linear and branched hexane isomers. Certain types of high purity hexane solvent solutions are used in science and food laboratories HPLC, spectrophotometry, and GC/MS analysis. Since hexane cannot be easily deprotonated, it is used in the laboratory for reactions that involve very strong bases. Chemical processing labs use hexane to extract oil and grease contaminants from water and soil for analysis. Hexane is used for development, manufacturing and research applications throughout America. Hexanes are commonly used in chromatography.
Buy Hexane And Other Solvents For Use In Botanical Extraction Facilities
The purpose of extraction using solvents is to reduce the plant to an extract full of active compounds and to avoid producing an extract that contains solvents such as heptane. Other solvents used are ethanol, butane, heptane, pentane, pure non-denatured ethanol (100% alcohol/ethyl alcohol) and propane. Hexane is not safe to consume. It is a toxic substance.
Buy Food Grade Ethanol (200 Proof Non-Denatured Ethyl Alcohol)
Federal excise tax and HAZMAT fees are required.
Buy High Purity Denatured Ethanol (95%) Blended With n-Heptane (4.5%) And Water (0.5%) | No federal excise tax is charged. HAZMAT fee is required.
Buy Ethanol Denatured With Hexane For Botanical Extraction
High Purity Denatured Ethanol (95%) Blended With Hexane (4.5%) And Water (0.5%) | No federal excise tax is charged. HAZMAT fee is required.
Buy Chemicals For Sale | For USA Labs And Homes
Buy Science Chemicals For Sale For Labs In The USA | Solvents | Buffers | Acids | Buy Chemical Solutions | Metal Salts And Inorganic Compounds | Denatured And Non-Denatured Alcohol | For Research And Production | Industrial Chemicals | Caustic Alkalis | 70% IPA | 10% And 30% Hydrogen Peroxide | Solutions | Ethanol Solutions | Fast Shipping | Sodium Solutions | Potassium Solutions | Methyl | 70% Nitric Acid | Phenol | Silver Nitrate | Sulfuric Acid | Normality | For Labs | For Household Use | Buy Chemical Buffer Solutions | Buy Solutions In Bulk | Buy Science Chemicals | Buy Chemical Compounds Online | Buy Lab Chemicals | Buy Reagents | Laboratory Chemical Supplier | Standard Solutions | Stains And Indicators | pH Buffer Solutions | Analytical Chemical Solutions | Bases And Caustics | Ethanol (Alcohol) Solutions | Shop Lab Chemicals | Buy Chemical Solutions Wholesale | Lab Chemical Solution Supplier | Science Chemical Supply Company | Buy Solutes | Buy Buffers | Buy Acids | For Chemistry Experiments | Lab Alley Is A Chemical Supplier That Sells To Individuals | Shop For Chemicals Online | Bulk Chemicals | Lab Grade Chemicals | Raw Materials | Browse The Laboratory Chemicals List | Order Chemistry Chemicals
Buy Hydrogen Peroxide For Sale In The USA | 10% And 30%
This Is Where You Buy Hydrogen Peroxide For Sale Online In The USA | Buy 30% | Buy 10% | 4 Liter Price | Buy 35% | For Cleaning | Fast Shipping | H2O2 | CAS 7722-84-1 | Buy 32% Hydrogen Peroxide | Food Grade (FCC) | 5 Gallon
Buy Chloroform For Sale In The USA
Buy Legal Chloroform For Sale Online In The USA | 100 mL | 1 Liter | Safe Chloroform Extraction of Plants | CHCl3 | Trichloromethane | CAS 67-66-3 | 4 Liter Bottles | Buy In Bulk | 55 Gallon Drum | Wholesale | Fast Next Day Shipping | Lab Grade Chloroform | ACS Grade Chloroform | Chloroform With Ethanol | HPLC Grade Chloroform | For Laboratory Purposes | For Phenol-Chloroform Extractions | Chloroform Extraction Methods | RNA | DNA
Where You Buy Liquid And Gas Solvents For Sale Online In The USA | Lab Alley
Solvents are substances used to dissolve a solute (a chemically distinct liquid, solid or gas), resulting in a solution. In chemistry, a solution is a homogeneous mixture of two or more substances. The substances that are dissolved are called solutes. Solvents form solutions (solutes) by suspending substances. Most solvents sold by Lab Alley in the U.S. are in liquid form, although Lab Alley also sells gas solvents to some industrial customers. Other forms of solvents are solid or supercritical fluid, neither of which are sold by Lab Alley. Solvents like pure 100% 200 proof ethanol are used for extraction processes. Ethanol is an excellent solvent for efficiently extracting compounds from plant materials, seeds, nuts, hops, botanicals, flowers and herbs. Extraction and distillation processes produce flavors, perfumes, tinctures, aromatics, flavonoids, terpenes, volatile and essential oils. Supercritical CO2 extraction (SCFE), a non-toxic and clean solvent process, is also a fairly safe technique used by extraction facilities in the USA in 2019. Lab Alley sells gas solvents like butane in 20 pound tanks. Liquid solvents sold by Lab Alley, such as denatured alcohol, are used for cleaning and disinfecting. Many people in the USA buy household solvents for domestic uses. Lab Alley does not sell the most common "universal solvent", which is water, for obvious reasons.
Where Households and Businesses Buy Liquid Solvents For Sale Online In The USA in 2019
Ethanol | Methanol | Pentane | Denatured Alcohol | 1 Pint | Bulk Ethanol | Pure Non-Denatured (Absolute) Ethyl Alcohol | 1 Gallon Bottles | 5 Gallon Bottles | 55 Gallon Drums | Botanical Solvents | Acetone | n-Hexane | Paint Thinners | Cleaners | HPLC/Spectrophotometric Grade | ACS Reagent Chemicals | Wholesale Solvents | Industrial Grade Solvents | n-Heptane | Retail Household Solvents | Solvent Wholesaler | Bulk Solvents | Ethyl Acetate | 1 Quart | Anhydrous Solvents | Petroleum Ether | HPLC, Anhydrous And ACS Grade Tetrahydrofuran (THF) | 2-Propanol | Polar Solvents | Polar Aprotic Solvents | Non-Polar Solvents | Polar Protic Solvents | Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) | Paint Solvents and Removers | Lab Grade Solvents | Food Grade Solvents | Additives | Pharmaceutical Grade Solvents | Organic Solvents | Shop Online | Ethylene Glycol | Purge-and-Trap (PT) Solvents | Diethyl Ether | Acetonitrile | Ethanol Denatured With Heptane | For Botanical Extraction | Recycled Solvents | For Gas Chromatography (GC) and GC-Headspace Analysis | Ethanol Denatured With Hexane | Extraction Grade Solvents | 190 Proof Ethanol | 200 Proof Ethyl Alcohol | 100% Alcohol | Isopropyl Alcohol | Rubbing Alcohol | For Wood Furniture | Stripping and Refinishing | Xylene | Paint Removal | n-Butanol | Chloroform
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) Phone Numbers
Ethyl Alcohol and SDA Permits | Nonbeverage Drawback Alcohol/Pure Alcohol | Contact Info
If you have questions about industrial alcohol regulations, call the Regulations and Rulings Division of the Alcohol And Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau in Washington, DC at 202-453-2265. If you have questions about non-beverage drawback alcohol formulas and specially denatured alcohol, contact the Scientific Services Division in Ammendale, MD at 240-264-1594. Nonbeverage drawback alcohol is pure alcohol, the same as that used for consumption. However, when a manufacturer uses that alcohol in the production of a food, flavor, medicine or perfume that is approved by the Nonbeverage Products Laboratory as unfit for beverage purposes, he or she can claim a return on most of the distilled spirits excise tax paid. Click here for more contact information.
Specially Denatured Alcohol (SDA) Information From Nonbeverage Products Laboratory
SDA is alcohol to which denaturing materials have been added. Title 27 Code of Federal Regulations part 21 lists all the SDA formulas authorized by TTB. Manufacturers may use SDA in the manufacture of any product that is not intended for consumption. Generally, SDA is used in cosmetic products but its use extends to pharmaceuticals, chemical manufacturing, and products where SDA is the solvent or reactant.
Process for Using SDA
- Obtain a permit from the National Revenue Center to purchase SDA from a distilled spirits plant.
- Complete a formula application, TTB Form 5150.19, Formula and/or Process for Article Made with Specially Denatured Spirits.
Submit completed form to:
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Nonbeverage Products Laboratory
6000 Ammendale Road
Beltsville, MD 20705-1250
- Approval process takes approximately three weeks.
- The formula must be approved prior to manufacture.
- Direct any technical questions to 240-264-1588.
Buy Ethanol For High Quality Botanical Extraction And Processing Operations And Facilities In The USA
Where To Order High Quality Ethanol For Botanical Extraction Online In USA
- To Buy Food Grade Ethanol (200 Proof Non-Denatured Ethyl Alcohol) - Federal excise tax and HAZMAT fees are required. Click Here >
- To Buy High Purity Denatured Ethanol (95%) Blended With Heptane (4.5%) And Water (0.5%) - No federal excise tax is charged. HAZMAT fee is required - Click Here >
- To Buy High Purity Denatured Ethanol (95%) Blended With Hexane (4.5%) And Water (0.5%) - No federal excise tax is charged. HAZMAT fee is required - Click Here >
Overview Of Extraction Grade Ethanol Products Sold In The USA
Today, in 2019,food grade ethanol (pure non-denatured 200 proof ethanol) is gaining popularity, hailed as the safest and most effective solvent for extracting a full-spectrum concentrate intended for medicinal and recreational use. The terms "botanical extraction" and "botanical processing" are often used interchangeably. The "Four Pillars Of Quality Botanical Extraction" involve cultivation, analytics, extraction and biochemistry. Lab Alley ethanol products sold in the USA are perfect for the extraction pillar in the equation. The extraction process converts target molecules in raw material into a usable product. Using ethanol as a solvent is very popular in the herbal and processing industry because it is relatively safe for edibles and oils that people consume every day.
Choose Between Two Types Of Extraction Grade Ethanol
Food Grade Ethanol For Extraction
Food grade ethanol is pure 100% ethyl alcohol. It is 200 proof. It is non-denatured. It is an essential chemical compound used in many plant processing facilities in the United States in 2019. Food grade ethanol is very safe, when properly used, for botanical extraction and processing. It is approved for use in food and beverage processing facilities. Excise tax and HAZMAT fees may apply to these products.
Excise Tax Free - High Purity Ethanol (Blended and Denatured)
The High Purity Ethanol Blend sold here by Lab Alley has one slight advantage over food grade ethanol. Although some botanical processors prefer to use food grade ethanol for use with more optimally efficient processing equipment, others prefer the high purity blend. Companies that want save money by avoiding paying excise tax fees buy a denatured high purity blend of ethanol that also safe for extraction purposes. Both types of extraction grade ethanol (200 proof and Blended) have different advantages and slight disadvantages related to price and quality. There are two blended versions, one with Hexane and one with Heptane. Specially Denatured Alcohols (SDA 2B-5 and SDA 2B-4) are denatured with N-Hexane and N-Heptane. Both are non-polar solvents used to denature 100% ethyl alcohol.
Fast Shipping In The USA
100% Ethyl Alcohol is sold in the USA by Lab Alley online here. Food Grade Ethanol and High Purity Denatured Ethanol normally ship the next business day after you place an order over the phone at (440-653-8151) or online here. No permit is required to buy ethanol for extraction.
Buying Tax Free Ethanol For Use In Botanical Extraction Labs and Processing Plants
Buy Ethanol For Botanical Extraction
55 Gallon Drum | For Sale Tax Free In U.S. | High Purity For Botanical Processing Facilities | 95% Ethanol - 4.5% Heptane - 0.5% Water | 5 Gallons | Fast Shipping | No Permit Required | Tax Free
Buy Ethanol For Botanical Processing Facilities
5 Gal | Buy Ethanol For Botanical Extraction | For Sale Tax Free In U.S. | 95% Ethanol - 4.5% Hexane - 0.5% Water | 55 Gal | Fast Shipping | No Permit Required
Buy 100% Alcohol | For Sale Online In The USA | 200 Proof Alcohol
March 19, 2019
Buy 100% Alcohol Online | Buy 200 Proof Alcohol | For Sale In USA | Non-Denatured | ACS-USP Grade | Pure Food Grade Ethanol | CAS 64-17-5
Buy Isopropyl Alcohol Online In The USA
March 19, 2019
Isopropanol (CAS 67-63-0) has various synonyms, including isopropyl alcohol, 2 propanol, rubbing alcohol, or as an abbreviation IPA, and has the chemical configuration [(CH3)2CHOH]. Isopropyl alcohol is the least complex secondary alcohol, and is used in the manufacture and final product of a wide variety of household and industrial products such as antiseptics, antibacterial formulas, and detergents. Isopropanol is an isomer of propyl alcohol. At room temperature, isopropanol is a clear, colorless liquid with a distinct and pungent odor. Isopropanol is highly flammable and toxic to ingest; it should be handled with care. Buy Isopropyl Alcohol (100%, 99% And 70%)
Information For Ethanol Industry Insiders
March 19, 2019
- Buy Ethanol
- Ethanol Etymology, Uses, Chemistry, Natural Occurrence, Production, Purification, Distillation, Reactions, Safety And History
- Ethanol Producer Magazine
- History of Ethanol Production and Policy
- Ethanol Today Magazine
- A Good News, Bad News Week For The Ethanol Industry - Forbes - March 2019
- Industrial Biotechnology and the Future of Ethanol Production
- 2019 Ethanol Industry Outlook - Renewable Fuels Association
- US Ethanol Market Sees First Sales Decline In Decades - March 2019
- Potential Contaminants in herbal Oils
- Researchers Describe Unique Molecular Activity In Water-Ethanol Mixtures
- National Ethanol Conference
- Fuel Ethanol Workshop and Expo
- Jobs In The Ethanol Industry
USES OF PURE ETHANOL | BENEFITS | PURE ETHANOL FOR ORGANIC PLANT MATERIAL EXTRACTION FACILITIES | FRACTIONAL DISTILLATION OF FLAVORS, OILS AND TERPENES
March 19, 2019
Pure ethanol is a grade or classification of ethanol that is suitable for all food, beverage, medicinal and nutritional supplement applications in which the product, or derivatives of the product, come into contact with humans. It is commonly used to extract components, flavor molecules, flavonoids and essential oils from plants such. It is used as a solvent in labs. The pure ethanol sold by Lab Alley is not used for fuel.
Buy Pure Ethanol For Sale In The USA
March 16, 2019
Pure ethanol is non-denatured. No chemicals are add to pure ethanol. This type of ethanol is also called "Absolute" ethanol or "drinkable ethanol". This grade of ethanol is suitable for all food, beverage and nutritional supplement applications. Buy ethanol for sale online in the U.S. Order bulk ethanol, denatured ethanol and 200 proof ethanol from Lab Alley. To browse our full line of extraction grade ethanol, click here. Food grade ethanol is for sale here.
What Is Food Grade Ethanol And Where Do You Buy It?
March 15, 2019
- Food Grade Ethanol Is Safe
- Food Grade Ethanol Suppliers In The United States
- The Price Of Food Grade Ethanol
- F.C.C. Grade Ethanol (Food Grade Ethanol) For Sale
- ACS Reagent Grade Ethanol
- Who Buys Food Grade Ethanol From Lab Alley
- Food Grade Ethanol Applications In The Botanical Processing Industry
- Buy Extraction Grade (Food Grade) Ethanol For Botanical Extraction
- Permits Are Not Required To Purchase Food Grade Ethanol
Order Extraction Grade and Food Grade Ethanol Online
March 13, 2019
This grade of ethanol is suitable for extraction facilities that process plants, food, beverage, tinctures, herbs, supplements and plant materials.
Buy Extraction Grade Ethanol For Botanical Extraction
March 13, 2019
Many of Lab Alley customers buy extraction grade ethanol in bulk for use in large scale botanical extraction facilities in the United States. This polar solvent is used to produce high quality extracts along with high yields. For mid-scale botanical extraction operations, ethanol extraction is often preferred to hydrocarbon extraction methods. Ethanol purchased from Lab Alley is excellent for producing full spectrum tinctures and herbal extracts.
Shop Chemicals And Lab Supplies By Industry With Lab Alley
November 14, 2018
To better serve its customers, Lab Alley has added a new section listing the most often purchased chemicals for clients in the most commonly served industries. These include companies in food and beverage, chemical processing, essential oil extraction, environmental laboratories, platings and coatings, pulp and paper, pharmaceutical and biotech industries.
How To Buy Ethanol For Botanical Extraction In The U.S.
October 19, 2018
Today, in 2018, pure ethanol is gaining popularity, hailed as the safest and most effective solvent for extracting a full-spectrum herbal concentrate intended for medicinal and recreational use. Advantages over other common extraction methods- like alternative solvents (butane, hexane, isopropyl alcohol), hydrocarbons and supercritical CO2- include high yields, increased terpene counts, reduced impurity levels, and lower energy use. Entrepreneurs are working with increasingly thinner margins within which they can develop quality extracts, oils, and edibles. One of the largest expenses is the excise taxes associated with undenatured ethanol used for botanical extraction. For those concerned with any risks associated with introducing a non-food grade solvent in their manufacturing processes, there’s no shortage of undenatured ethanol available in bulk from Lab Alley.
Lab Grade Ethanol Products
September 13, 2018
Lab grade ethanol includes any ethanol products that has use as a solvent in a laboratory setting. This can include any denatured ethanol products or undenatured ethanol products that have an intent of consumption somewhere along the end-product's lifetime. Denatured ethanol products have chemicals included to make consumption impossible, therefore rendering the product free from the excise taxes that apply to other consumable alcohol products.
Ethyl Acetate: The Sweet-Smelling Safety Hazard
August 31, 2018
Ethyl acetate is used in numerous everyday products, including cigarettes, nail polish remover, glue, and perfume. MSDSOnline recommends handling ethyl acetate with PPE. Lab Alley's ethyl acetate products are lab grade and are equally hazardous, requiring the same safety concerns and procedures.
Ethanol Producer Magazine Shares the Latest News About Ethanol Production
August 24, 2018
Ethanol Producer Magazine is an online publication that produces data and news on ethanol production and the ethanol industry. Developments in trade agreements with key grain producing nations, groundbreaking ceremony announcements, innovative policy initiatives and progress reports are among some of the topics updated daily. Visitors are invited to browse the archives and sign up for their newsletter.
Also included in their resources is a comprehensive list of every ethanol plant in the United States and Canada, specified by state, feedstock, RINs, and capacity.
55 Gallon Drums of Undenatured Ethanol 200 Proof Selling Online
August 15, 2018
Purchasing undenatured ethanol in large quantities, such as 55 gallons or more, saved industries tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars per year on manufacturing costs. Botanical extraction industries (especially the botanical processing industry), hospitals, distilleries, food processors, and personal care producers can all benefit from saving on ethyl alcohol purchasing costs throughout each fiscal year. Ethanol is a vital solvent for the creation of dozens of end products, including vinegar, makeup, oils, medicines, fuel, spirits, and sanitation devices.
Food Grade Pure Ethanol
July 27, 2018
Pure ethanol, or ethyl alcohol, is by definition a food grade product- specifically given a GRAS (generally recommended as safe) rating by the FDA. There are four classifications of alcohol: ethanol (ethyl alcohol), methanol (methyl alcohol), and isopropanol (isopropyl alcohol). For lab use, ethanol may have some combination of the previously mentioned alcohols included. This also helps labs avoid paying the higher sales taxes for consumable alcohols.
Ethanol: Next Great Chemical For Botanical Extraction
July 26, 2018
Ethanol, also referred to as ethyl alcohol, is called out by Blaze Lab Solutions as the safest, cleanest, and most versatile solvent for botanical extraction. Food grade, pure ethanol is perfect for extraction, and it saves time when compared to other methods. It's important that labs take caution not to use denatured alcohol, as it has had toxic chemicals added to discourage consumption.
July Round Up: 10 Botanical Concentrates For 710
July 26, 2018
Top oil producers around the county are embracing the oil-producing capabilities made possible by pure, food grade ethanol extraction. One of the most notable names is the Dragon Originals Gold Oil, available syringes or honey pots.
Making A Small Batch of Medicinal Grade Essential Oil / Revised Edition
July 26, 2018
Here, Chef Derek Butt shows you step-by-step how to make potent essential oil out of food grade ethanol using his equipment. He recommends using pure, undenatured ethanol like those offered in our store for the best end products.
Ethanol Extraction Recalls Alcohol Product Because of Possible Health Risk
July 26, 2018
Recently, company Lake Michigan Distilling Company, LLC (doing business as Ethanol Extraction) put out a recall notice for all ethanol products released from the time of the recall to October of 2016. The recall came after a man ingested an ethanol product and later died from the effects of ingesting methanol, a highly toxic alcohol that should not exist in a food grade lab product. Lab Alley offers the same food grade ethyl alcohol products, procured from reliable sources.
Why Ethanol Works So Well For Botanical Extraction
July 25, 2018
While butane and CO2 extraction have been the most common mediums for creating herbal oil out of flower buds, some experts believe food grade ethanol extraction is the superior method. Central to this belief is that extracts can be effectively separated from the undesirable plant matter, leaving a substance that is superior in quality and flavor. Being a labeled food grade product by the FDA also makes for a safer product for employees to be exposed to during the workday. Lab Alley offers a number of ethyl alcohols, including denatured ethanol products, and pure ethanol products for laboratory use and botanical extraction.
Poet Increasing Production Of Denatured Ethanol
July 23, 2018
As their Indiana Department of Environmental Management permit receives an increased production limit, Poet Biorefining adds a new fermenter to feed their demand for denatured ethanol in lab facilities around the country. Lab Alley sells food grade denatured ethanol products and anhydrous denatured ethanol products to labs worldwide.
Your Guide To Ethanol Extraction
July 21, 2018
Mark June Wells, Ph.D. writes the third installment to botanical extraction specifically covering considerations using pure ethanol. Ultimately, he states that the food grade pure ethyl alcohol is best suited for bulk-processing laboratories due to storage difficulties and the necessity of having a high-throughput rotary evaporator to recover the solvent for re-use.
[Video] Extraction Of Botanical Oil With Pure Ethanol
July 19, 2018
Dinafem Seeds reveals and explains the process of using ethanol to extract pure oil for medical use. Pure ethanol tends to be the superior choice for botanical extraction facilities using lab grade products due to its ability to separate unwanted components.
Former Liquid Aluminum Sulfate Industry Executive Pleads Guilty To Bid Rigging
July 18, 2018
The US Department of Justice has landed another guilty verdict in the collusion investigation between executives of the aluminum sulfate industry. Aluminum sulfate is a useful product for purifying drinking water and treating waste water. It is also used in paper manufacturing. So far, industry executives Steppig and Vincent J. Opalewski have been indicted under anti-trust laws in suits brought forward by municipalities, who have been most affected by the price fixing.
Global Sales Alcohol Sales Market Report 2018
July 15, 2018
This report, published by QY Research, concerns the global ethyl alcohol marketplace and the variance in price and growth by region and the market share of industry leaders. QY Research invites customers to request a free sample of the comprehensive report. Lab Alley supplies ethyl alcohol for distillation and extraction processes in 200 proof, pure forms, 140 proof ethanol, and more.